By Dr. James M. Dahle, WCI Founder
Everybody needs an initial financial education, which begins as you start to learn about finance and ends at the point when you have a written financial plan. You can get that education in many different ways, from reading books to taking our online Fire Your Financial Advisor course to actually hiring a financial planner. However, once you have basic financial literacy and at least a rudimentary financial plan, your financial education is not over. There is always something new to learn, and it is important to keep up to date.
One of the best options for staying updated is to take our annual Continuing Financial Education online course. You can take this course on your own timetable and from the comfort of your own home or anywhere you can carry your phone or laptop. If you have an iPhone, you can even listen to it podcast-style using the Teachable app.
CFE2023 Is Out!
The 2023 version of this course has dropped, and it will be on sale for $100 off from April 4-17. The course is eligible for up to 22 hours of AMA Category 1 CME or AGD PACE Dental CE, so you can use your dedicated CME funds to buy it or write it off as a business expense. This year's course includes all of the material delivered in person and virtually as part of WCICON23, our best conference yet. There is a whopping total of approximately 57 hours of material in the course!
What's in the Course?
Here's what you get in the course:
- Financial Baby Steps for Physicians — Disha Spath, MD
- Converting Doctor Income to Passive Income — Peter Kim, MD
- Beyond Budgeting: Maintain Your Finances, Personal Sanity, and Marriage — Dawn Baker, MD, MS
- How to Succeed in Negotiations: Tips and Tricks — Nisha Mehta, MD
- DIY Investing: Cut Costs and Save Toward Financial Independence — Stephen Pamatmat, MD
- Creating Your Financial Plan — Chad Chubb, CFP, CSLP and Daniel Wrenne, CFP
- Financial M&M: 11 Biggest Financial Mistakes That Most Doctors Make — Jordan Frey, MD
- Disability Insurance: Everything Physicians Need to Know — Stephanie Pearson, MD, FACOG
- Capital Gains, Ordinary Income, Estate Taxes Optional to Pay — William MacDonald
- Raising Kids with Common Cents — Julia Myers, PharmD, MBA, AAHIVP
- Balancing Family and Medicine — Dawn Baker, MD, MS; Kate Louise Mangona, MD; and Disha Spath, MD
- Creating a Financial Talk That Doctors Want to Attend — Samuel Mathis, MD
- The Ancient Financial Wisdom of King Solomon — Brennan Boyd, MD
- Why Physicians Should Pursue Public Service Loan Forgiveness — Andrew Paulson, MAcc, CSLP®
- Sustainable Withdrawal Rates: A Deep Dive — Christine Benz
- Building Your Lifetime Investment Plan — Paul Merriman
- Determining How You Should Invest in Real Estate — James M. Dahle, MD, FACEP
- Do You NEED a Side Gig? — Nisha Mehta, MD
- How to Spend Your Money in Retirement — James M. Dahle, MD, FACEP
- Retirement Planning Strategies: Having Enough and Making It Last — Leif Dahleen, MD & James Lange JD, CPA
- How to Make Six Figures in Real Estate Investing in One Year — Letizia Alto, MD, MA
- Retirement-Specific Risks: Which Are Worth Mitigation? — David Graham, MD
- Asset Protection and Risk Management for Affluent Physicians — Ike Devji, JD
- Advanced Tax Strategies for High-Income Earners — Alexis Gallati, EA, MBA, MS Tax, CTP
- Crucial Estate Planning Concepts for Physicians: Can You Trust Online Trusts? — J. RobRoy Platt, JD
- Beyond Stocks and Bonds: Alternative Asset Classes — Yuval Bar-Or, PhD
- Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship — Brennan Boyd, MD
- Private Equity Investment in Your Practice: What Does Iit Mean? Pros, Cons, & Food for Thought — Ezra Simons
- Retirement: Money Is Just One of Many Considerations — Christine Benz; David Graham, MD; Leif Dahleen, MD; and James Lange, JD, CPA
- How to Teach Personal Finance to Students and House Officers — Erik Hofmeister, DVM, MA, MS
- How to Vet and Invest in Your First Real Estate Syndication — Dewan Farhana, DO, MS
- Office Efficiencies to Optimize Small Private Practice — Orrin Franko, MD
- So You Want 1099 Income? How to Start Your Own Private Medical Practice — Audrey Roberts, MD, IBCLC, FABM
- The Pros and Cons of Selling Your Medical Practice — Andrew Roberts, MD
- Choose to Thrive — Stacy Taniguchi, Ph.D.
- Time Smart: How to Reclaim Your Time and Live a Happier Life — Ashley Whillans, MA, Ph.D.
- Addressing Anxiety in Achievers: A New Approach to a Rising Problem — Dimitrios Tsatiris, MD
- Conversational Intelligence for Physicians: How to Improve Yours — Kate Louise Mangona, MD
- Food, Nutrition, Controversy, and Confusion: An Evidence-Based Approach to Your Best Investment — Kevin Forey, MD, MBA
- Getting Stuff Done: A Mindful Approach to Personal Productivity in the Digital Age — Matthew Morgan, MD, MS
- Living a (Medical) Life Less Ordinary — Dawn Baker, MD, MS
- Mental Models: Combat Cognitive Bias and Build a Better Life — Ben White, MD
- Setting Boundaries for Physicians — Bonnie Koo, MD
- Sleepy MD: The Pervasiveness of Insomnia Amongst Clinicians and One Doctor's Journey to Better Sleep — Marisa Chavez, MD
- Transforming from Burning Out to Burning Brightly — Elizabeth Chiang, MD, Ph.D.
- Burnout Proof: Navigating the Practice Whirlwind — Dike Drummond, MD
- Beyond Compassion Fatigue: Healing from the Trauma of Being a Healer — Elaine Goldhammer, MD
- Burnout: Novel Theories and Practical Coping Strategies — B.C. Krygowski, MD
- Making Molehills Out of Mountains — Scott Moore, DO
- Proactive Investment Strategy for Health and Wellness — Timothy Stark, MD
- (Re)claiming Your Identity — Erin Garvey, MD
Whew! That's A LOT of value right there from the top names in the physician finance and wellness space. Whether you are interested in boosting wellness, fine-tuning your financial plan, investigating alternative investments, improving your practice, or getting out of medicine altogether, this course has something for everyone.
Be inspired by Stacy Taniguchi as you consider who or what you would “cross the ladder” for. Get tough with Nisha Mehta as you learn to negotiate and with Bonnie Koo as you set boundaries. Learn to manage your time with Ashley Whillans and Matt Morgan. Plan your retirement with the experts like Christine Benz, Paul Merriman, James Lange, and Leif Dahleen. Figure out what to do with real estate with James Dahle, Peter Kim, and Leti Alto. Beat burnout with Dike Drummond and B.C. Krygowski. Attorneys Ike Devji and RobRoy Platt will help you protect what's yours. You can even learn how to eat right with Kevin Forey and how to have difficult conversations with Kate Mangona.
You Are Guaranteed to Enjoy This Course
We are so confident you are going to enjoy this course, we're going to guarantee it. We offer a no-questions-asked, 100% money-back guarantee for seven days after purchase as long as you have watched less than 20% of the course. There is no risk to you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Attendees of the conference had this to say about it:
“This is a chance to focus on wellness and finance. Tying these two together is key.”
“I felt like this had more impact than the more pure medical type conference. Presenters were outstanding and often included humor and were interactive. Stacy's Choose to Thrive talk was amazing and inspirational, and we need more talks like this!”
“I have been following WCI for a long time and have built my portfolio with the assistance of the information I have received. This cemented that knowledge and expanded upon the idea of prioritizing self. The wellness component was very beneficial, and I plan to implement several of the techniques.”
“This changed my life. As a new attending physician, I had so many conflicting opinions about student loan debt, retirement contributions and what I should and shouldn’t do with my money and time. After only a few years of practice, I felt overwhelmed with which steps I should take in creating my financial plan, and this has provided me with the resources and confidence to move forward and take action.”
“I was pleasantly surprised by how amazing the topics and lectures were. I think in this day and age, mental health and time management is critical for a busy physician. I also think there’s a big push for side gigs, and the presentations given during this course opened up my eyes to various possibilities outside of medicine.”
“This fills the knowledge gaps that are omitted in medical training. I feel like a more well rounded person who can be a better physician, spouse, and parent because of the knowledge passed on through the WCI community and conference.”
“I learned a ton and am substantially more motivated to get my financial plan in place and have more confidence now that I can manage my finances on my own and effectively plan for retirement.”
I can't say it any better than that. If that doesn't convince you that this course is worth your time and money, I don't know what else I can do!
Purchase Continuing Financial Education 2023 for just
$789 $689 through April 17 at midnight!
Any questions about the course? Post them below!