Earn a $550 cash bonus+ from Laurel Road and the Fire Your Financial Advisor Course ($799 Value) exclusively for being referred by White Coat Investor when you refinance your student loans with Laurel Road using the link below. You must apply through the WCI link to access these benefits.
Why Choose Laurel Road to Refinance Your Student Loans?
Laurel Road is a large player in the student loan refinance market and is a long-time advertiser with The White Coat Investor. Hundreds of WCI readers have refinanced with them, often reporting they offered the lowest rate of all companies. If you apply via the links on this page and close a loan, you’ll get paid $550+. They also have a resident refinancing program with $100 per month payments+ during residency. Laurel Road has a flexible total allowable residency/fellowship period of up to 8 years depending on your specialty. Keep in mind, the maximum total loan length (residency and full repayment) cannot exceed 25 years.. Laurel Road is a brand of KeyBank National Association. All loans are provided by KeyBank. There is no maximum borrowing amount. The minimum loan amount is $5000.
- Low fixed and variable rates available when refinancing student loans
- No application or origination fees or prepayment penalties
- Up to 12 months of forbearance is available+
- Additional 0.25% rate discount when automatic monthly payments are made from a bank account+
Open a Laurel Road Linked Checking account during student loan refinancing and get an introductory 0.25% off your rate for the first 3 months. After that, your rate discount varies based on your total qualifying monthly direct deposit amount – you could lower your student loan refinancing rate by up to 0.55%.+
Rates as of 6/05/23. Rates subject to change. Terms and conditions apply. All products subject to credit approval.
What Laurel Road Customers Say about Refinancing their Student Loans
“Have refinanced my student loans twice now with Laurel Road and have had a great experience both times. They were accommodating, easy to communicate with, and genuinely helpful. Thank you all for everything you've done for me these past few years!”
“Great company to refinance with. Quick and easy process. Low rates. I would highly recommend.”
“The process is thorough but they make it efficient. They respond quickly via email and are helpful on the phone and with email.”
Laurel Road Student Loan Refinancing Terms and Conditions
A $550 cash bonus offered on new student loan refinance applications from active White Coat Investor (WCI) readers. The loan application must close in order to qualify for the bonus which will be paid within 45 days of closing. Existing customers are not eligible. This offer cannot be combined with other member or employee discounts nor the Student Loan Refer-a-Friend Program. The value of the bonus may be reported to the IRS on Form 1099-INT.
Click here for APR and Payment Examples and more information about the $100 monthly payments. The $100 payments may not be enough to cover all of the interest that accrues on the loan. Unpaid accrued interest will be added to the loan principal and monthly payments of principal and interest will begin when the Residency Period ends.
After loan disbursement, if a borrower documents a qualifying economic hardship, we may agree in our discretion to allow for forbearance of payments for one or more 3-month time periods (however, a minimum of twelve (12) months are required between any two forbearance periods). Borrowers with a loan term of at least ten (10) years are eligible for up to twelve (12) months of forbearance over the life of the loan; borrowers with a loan term less than ten (10) years are eligible for one (1) month for every year of the loan term (e.g., if a borrower’s loan term is five (5) years they are eligible for up to five (5) months of forbearance over the life of the loan). Borrowers seeking an economic hardship forbearance due to unemployment must have made twelve (12) consecutive monthly payments prior to a forbearance request to be eligible. For any other forbearance due to economic hardship, borrowers must have made nine (9) consecutive monthly payments prior to a forbearance request to be eligible. All requests for forbearance are subject to review, including the review of acceptable documentation (including updating documentation) of the nature and expected duration of the borrower's economic hardship. During any period of forbearance, interest will continue to accrue. Unless otherwise noted, at the end of the forbearance period, any unpaid accrued interest will be capitalized and be added to the remaining principal amount of the loan.
AutoPay/EFT Discount: if the borrower chooses to make monthly payments automatically by electronic fund transfer (EFT) from a bank account, the interest rate will decrease by 0.25% and will increase back if the borrower stops making (or we stop accepting) monthly payments automatically by EFT from the borrower’s bank account. The AutoPay/EFT Discount will not reduce the monthly payment; instead, the discount is applied to the principal to help pay the loan down faster.
* The Laurel Road Checking discount is available to borrowers who open a Laurel Road Checking account simultaneously while refinancing their student loans with Laurel Road. You may also be able to utilize a checking account opened simultaneously with a prior Laurel Road student loan refinance to obtain a discount on your new Laurel Road student loan refinance. Borrowers will receive a 0.25% rate discount for their first three monthly billing cycles. Starting with the fourth billing cycle and continuing with each billing cycle thereafter, the rate discount applied to each billing cycle will be based on the amount deposited via qualifying Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions into the Laurel Road Checking account during the preceding calendar month; 0.25% for deposits between $2,500 and $7,499 per month and 0.55% for deposits $7,500 or greater per month. To continue to receive the discount for the fourth billing cycle, you must begin making qualifying ACH deposits to your Laurel Road Checking account during the second month after your loan funds. Note that the discount is only available to the primary checking account owner and is not available to a joint checking account owner. If the primary account owner is no longer an owner on the checking account or the account is closed, the discount on their student loan will cease. Discounts subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with the Laurel Road Linked Savings discount. For more information on the Laurel Road Checking Account visit here.