Physician Wellness and Financial Literacy Conference (WCICON21) March 4-6, 2021
Registration is now open for the 2021 Physician Wellness and Financial Literacy Conference!
Join us for a NEW, innovative, virtual experience.
- reducing burnout
- improving patient care by teaching techniques for managing burnout among doctors and their staff
- improving practice management
- increasing financial literacy
We believe that financially stable physicians are less burned out and can have longer, more meaningful careers providing better care to their patients.
The two and a half days of educational sessions includes 50+ hours of presentations and expert panels from physicians, financial professionals, authors and bloggers.
General Registration: $899
To receive a conference kit you must register before 1/11/2021
Here is what attendees receive:
- 50+ hours of presentations and expert panels
- Up to 17 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits, pending approval
- Up to 17 hours of AGD PACE approved CE credit, pending approval
- Lifetime access to all conference presentations
- Sweet conference kit to include books written by presenting authors (if registered by 1/11/2021)
Click here for full description of the virtual conference experience, list of speakers, complete content, CME, and everything WCICON21!
*** Previous WCI Conferences ***
Continuing Financial Education 2020
Continuing Financial Education 2020: The Latest in Physician Wellness and Financial Literacy is the online course created partially from WCICON20. However, in addition to the 28 hours of material presented at the conference, it includes an additional 6 hours of material NOT presented at the conference itself, for a total of 34 hours of life-changing material. Most importantly, it is our first online course that offers CME….10 hours for both physicians and dentists. Not only does that help you meet your state, professional organization, and hospital CME requirements, but it allows you to pay for the course with CME funds or if self-employed, with pre-tax dollars, reducing the cost by 30-50%!
At $649 for 34 hours of material, it is by far the least expensive physician financial online course on a per hour basis.
This course consists of over 34 hours of video content from some of your favorite speakers, bloggers and podcasters including:
- Rick Ferri, CFA Author of multiple books, host of the Bogleheads Podcast, president of John C. Bogle Center
- Paul Merriman Author of multiple books, host of Sound Investing podcast
- Morgan Housel Author, speaker, former columnist and partner and blogger at Collaborative Fund
- Harry Sit Author of multiple books and blogger at The Finance Buff
- Phil Demuth, PhD Author of multiple books and financial advisor
- James Dahle, MD Physician, speaker, author of multiple books, host of The White Coat Investor podcast and blog
- Leif Dahleen, MD Retired physician, speaker, and blogger (The Physician on FIRE)
- Peter Kim, MD Physician, speaker, blogger (Passive Income MD) and real estate course developer
- Jimmy Turner, MD Physician, author, speaker, and blogger (The Physician Philosopher)
- Wealthy Mom MD)
- Sarah Catherine Gutierrez, CFP Speaker, and financial advisor
- Steven Podnos, MD, CFP Speaker, physician, and financial advisor
- Randy Gertner, MD, CFP Speaker, physician, and financial advisor
- Disha Spath, MD Speaker and blogger (The Frugal Physician)
- Victor Mangona, MD Physician, speaker, and blogger (39 Point 6)
- Jordan Grumet, MD Physician, speaker, blogger (DiverseFI) and host of the What's Up Next podcast
- Shawni Coll, MD Physician, and speaker
- Fahd Ahmad, MD Physician, speaker, and blogger (Rogue Dad MD)
- Kurt Schoppe, MD Physician, and speaker
- Dawn Baker, MD Physician, speaker, and blogger (Practice Balance)
- B.C. Krygowski, MD Physician and blogger (B.C.Krygowski.com)
- Brent Lacey, MD Physician, speaker, and blogger (The Scope of Practice)
- Ben White, MD Physician, author, and blogger (benwhite.com)
- Jason Mizell, MD Physician and curriculum developer
- Daniel Kesten, Esq Estate planning attorney
- Letizia Alto, MD Blogger (Semiretired MD) and course developer
- Dennis Hursh Author and attorney
- Tahlia Weiss, MD Physician
- Christina Hedderly, MD Physician
- Trisha Swan, MD Physician
- Matt Wiggins, Insurance agent (Pattern Financial)
- Chuck Krugh, Insurance agent (Doctor Disability)
- Rick Warren, MBA Insurance agent (Insuring Income)
- The Blogger behind Crispy Doc
- The Blogger behind Reflections of a Millenial Doctor
Eligible for CME
This course is eligible for 10 credit hours of CME and Dental CE. That means you can use your CME/CE fund to purchase it. It also means that the self-employed can write it off as a business expense, paying for it with pre-tax dollars, lowering the after-tax price for most docs by 30-50%!
Mandatory CME/CE Statement
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and dentists involved in the care of patients.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to: Understand the factors influencing burnout and the options to reduce personal risk and symptoms related to burnout, Discuss factors that enable one to recover from psychologically challenging clinical cases related to “second victims” of such cases, Describe the benefits of self-knowledge for clinicians and highlight strategies to maintain joy in clinical practice and in personal life, Specify action steps that can be taken to reduce malpractice
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of SynAptiv and the Advanced Continuing Education Association (ACEA). SynAptiv is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. SynAptiv designates this enduring material for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Dental professionals may claim up to 10 continuing education credits for this activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the American Dental Association CERP through the joint program provider approval of Affordable CE and ACEA. Affordable CE is approved for awarding ADA CERP credit.
The following faculty, planner and/or content manager reported the following financial relationship with commercial interests whose products or services may be mentioned in this CE activity: Crispy Doc: Collective Medical, Ad Hok Clinical Advisory Board
Burnout prevention, burnout treatment, physician wellness, sexual health, debt management, financial planning, retirement, stock investing, risk control, real estate investing, passive income, work-life balance, estate planning, asset protection, tax reduction, practice management, and more.
Here is the course list:
- The State of Physician Wellness: A Review of the Literature
- Sexual Health and How it Affects Patients and Physicians
- Panel: Boosting Career Longevity for Women
- Recovering from Cases that Make You Cry
- Self-Knowledge: The Key to Managing Physical and Financial Health
- Who Owns You? What Happens to the Physician-Patient Relationship When the Doctor Does Not Own the Practice
- Panel: Extreme Solutions for Burnout–Practice part-time or leave medicine completely
- Choosing Joy Over Despair: How You Can Get Fired Up In Your Career Instead of Burning Out
- Panel: Educating the Next Generation on Wellness and Financial Health
- Panel: Adventures in Burnout: Recognizing and Beating the Burn
- Protecting Yourself and Your Patients from Malpractice
- Exploring the Tax-efficient Waterfall
- The Education of an Index Investor
- Panel: Insurance-Disability, Life, Property, Liability, Health
- Panel: Recognizing and Interacting Appropriately with Financial Advisors
- FatFIRE: Living Large and Giving Large
- Building Streams of Passive Income
- Physicians and Financial Planning
- Tax Planning of White Coat Investors
- Financial Independence in 5 Years with a Cash Balance Pension
- Annihilate Your Student Debt
- Panel: Investing for Retirement and College
- Pitfalls in Physician Contracts
- Surviving a Bear Market
- Estate Planning: Taking Care of Those You Care About Most
- How to Achieve Financial Freedom Using Direct Real Estate Investing
- Financial Independence, Retirement Optional
- Pay Only Your Fair Share: How to Legally Lower Your Taxes
- Factor Investing: Implications on Portfolio Construction
- Confronting an Uncertain Future
- The Psychology of Investing
- Student Loan: Past, Present, Future, and Advanced Payoff Strategies
- Bridging the Intimacy Gap
- Physician Wellness in the Modern Medical Practice
Listen In Your Car
This online course is hosted on Teachable, which has an app for iPhones and iPads. So you can download it and listen to it in your car during your commute, just like a podcast (not available on Android).
No-Risk to You
Like all of our online courses, this one comes with a guarantee. If you purchased it less than a week ago and have watched less than 10% of it (yes we can track it), you can request a no-questions-asked, 100% money-back refund simply by emailing [email protected] Buy today and it is yours to watch as many times as you want, at your convenience, indefinitely.
Continuing Financial Education WCICON 2018 — Park City
The first Physician Wellness and Financial Literacy Conference (WCICON18) was held in Park City in March 2018 and sold out in 6 days. The second Physician Wellness and Financial Literacy Conference (WCICON20) was held in Las Vegas March 11-14th, 2020 and sold out in 18 hours. They were wonderful opportunities to learn actionable steps to improve your life, be inspired, and make life-long connections with doctors of every specialty. 99% of attendees would recommend the conference to a colleague.
WCICON18 includes 13 hours of video for just $299, and comes with a one-week, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee so long as you have watched less than 25% of the course. It features speakers including William Bernstein, Jonathan Clements, Mike Piper and many of your favorite bloggers and podcasters in the physician financial space.