If you are married, and your state allows it, you should title your home as “tenants by the entirety.” What this means is that you own your entire house and your spouse owns your entire house. So if a lawsuit is just against you (like most malpractice lawsuits), and a judgement above policy limits is rendered, the creditor cannot take your house because your spouse owns the whole thing.