If you have any significant assets and you want them to go to a particular person, you need a will. You especially need a will if you have minor children. If your will is a simple “I love you will” that leave everything to your spouse with your children as secondary beneficiaries, you can probably use an online legal service to produce your will. As your situation becomes more complex, the value of a good estate planning attorney can be significant.