Menu

You'll notice a lot more threads

Home General/Welcome You'll notice a lot more threads

• The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

I expanded the number of threads on the front page quite a bit. Now 100 are shown per page and the list goes out 10 days instead of 5. I think it’s better, let me know if you agree or not. It’s easy to change back (or expand more.)

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#180334 Reply
    Liked by RocDoc, Tim, Hank, SLC OB
    Participant

Perhaps highlight threads where Fatlittlepig has weighed in

PhysicianOnFIRE PhysicianOnFIRE 

I agree it’s a change for the better. No one wants to scroll. I’d also like to see more replies per page, but I’m guessing that’s not good for monetization.

So I’ll let it slide.

Cheers!
    -PoF

40-something anesthesiologist and personal finance blogger @ https://physicianonfire.com [Part of the WCI Network] Find me on Twitter: @physicianonfire

FIRE. Financial Independence. Retire Early.

#180362 Reply
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant

Neutral.

#180374 Reply
    Participant

i think its fine.

now if it would stop telling me i move too fast….

#180376 Reply
    Liked by Craigy
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

I would not have noticed the difference. I rarely scrolled to the end of the first page, before the change.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#180379 Reply
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus
    Perhaps highlight threads where Fatlittlepig has weighed in

Click to expand…

I mean, I log in most of the time just to like an FLP comment.

When is FLP going to do a guest post?

#180426 Reply
    Liked by octopus85
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

I agree it’s a change for the better. No one wants to scroll. I’d also like to see more replies per page, but I’m guessing that’s not good for monetization.

So I’ll let it slide.

Cheers!
    -PoF

Click to expand…

I don’t know. I get more page views with fewer replies per page but page views don’t directly transmit into dollars. Probably no big difference monetization wise (not that the forum generates a ton of cash or anything.) But more replies per page would slow things down, which is a BIG deal to me.

How many replies per page would be ideal in your view?

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#180441 Reply
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

So I’ll let it slide.

Cheers!
    -PoF

Click to expand…

I don’t know. I get more page views with fewer replies per page but page views don’t directly transmit into dollars. Probably no big difference monetization wise (not that the forum generates a ton of cash or anything.) But more replies per page would slow things down, which is a BIG deal to me.

How many replies per page would be ideal in your view?

Click to expand…

The number is not important to me. It would be better to have the feature where you automatically jump to the first reply that you have not yet read (other forums have this feature).

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

Participant

Totally agree with Vagabond

#180456 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    ACN ACN 

Vagabonds suggestion 100000%.

Its easy when there’s only 1-2 pages, but those longer threads are super annoying to find where you left off reading.

If you're ever having a bad day, just remember in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in Apple for $2,300.

#180462 Reply
    Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D. 
    Participant

Echo Vagabond again — Rockstar Finance has this feature to jump to latest reply.  THAT is the biggest thing inhibiting me when on this forum by far

http://www.RogueDadMD.com

An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, and family

#180471 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant

I like the expanded threads.

If you click the orange square it brings you to the latest thread.  However you might need to scroll up a little if you missed a few.  I just discovered that a few weeks ago.

#180504 Reply
    legobikes legobikes 
    Participant

+1 jump, or at least 20-25 replies per page. It feels less like a forum with so few replies/page.

#180517 Reply
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

endorse.

i view this forum only by thread.

honestly i never think about or notice the Categories unless i am creating a new thread, forget to pick a Forum, and am reminded by the bot

#180526 Reply
    Liked by adventure

Reply To: You'll notice a lot more threads

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear