Menu

Working out during work lunch break?

Home The Lounge Working out during work lunch break?

Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

In an effort to make my life as time efficient as possible, I am highly considering using my lunch break to go to a nearby gym I recently joined.  My schedule is typically 730-1145 for the morning and my afternoon doesn’t require my presence until about 1:30.  The workout is about 30-40 minutes with about 20 minutes of commute there and back, so about an hour in total.  So if I leave at 1145 will be back by 1 easily.  However it is an intense 30 minute workout and I sweat way more than the average person.  There are no showers at the gym.  I usually wear slacks and a button up shirt.  I am thinking of perhaps instituting a scrub attire, although in my 6 years of post residency I have never worn scrubs at the office.  I figure I will be less hot in them vs going back to traditional work clothes, and loading up on deodorant post workout .  Anyone have experience?  I pack a lunch so I can eat it very quickly and always will have time between patients to eat more.

#235078 Reply
    Participant

What’s a lunch break?

Participant

What’s a lunch break?

Click to expand…

Exactly, I never expected to have it.  The staff needs lunch breaks and scheduling during those hours doesn’t make sense to our office manager/ other providers.  As someone who would prefer to work through lunch and be done earlier it is frustrating.  SO I am trying to use that time to do something more productive than read this forum (although that is productive) and watch youtube videos

#235082 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

We do not schedule patients from 12-1.  It is way too much down time for me.  The staff takes staggered lunches during that time.  The other docs need the time to catch up which is why I have never changed it.  I tend to use it to catch up on errands in town if I have any or I go for a walk if the weather is nice.  I have an extra shirt on standby for the hyperhydrosis days.

I keep some dumbbells in the office as well.  I should use them more…

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#235083 Reply
    Liked by Tim

Impossible. See sweating?

#235098 Reply
    Liked by Tim, Zaphod
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

In an effort to make my life as time efficient as possible, I am highly considering using my lunch break to go to a nearby gym I recently joined.  My schedule is typically 730-1145 for the morning and my afternoon doesn’t require my presence until about 1:30.  The workout is about 30-40 minutes with about 20 minutes of commute there and back, so about an hour in total.  So if I leave at 1145 will be back by 1 easily.  However it is an intense 30 minute workout and I sweat way more than the average person.  There are no showers at the gym.  I usually wear slacks and a button up shirt.  I am thinking of perhaps instituting a scrub attire, although in my 6 years of post residency I have never worn scrubs at the office.  I figure I will be less hot in them vs going back to traditional work clothes, and loading up on deodorant post workout .  Anyone have experience?  I pack a lunch so I can eat it very quickly and always will have time between patients to eat more.

Click to expand…

No shower, no work out.

#235101 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

Yeah I don’t see how you do this without a shower.

#235104 Reply
    Liked by StateOfMyHead, abds, CM
    Participant

Yea, I was planning on cooling down for 30 minutes with towels etc.  Putting on deodorant and new scrubs.  I figure there are people who bike to work that have similar issues?

#235106 Reply
    Participant

I can never imagine not showering after working out

#235137 Reply
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

I bike to work but shower here.

Pretty easy when you wear scrubs.

#235139 Reply
    Participant

I can never imagine not showering after working out

Click to expand…

A true fat little pig would wallow in its own slop 🙂

#235150 Reply
    Liked by SLC OB, CM
    CM CM 
    Participant

Click to expand…

You’re going to feel sticky and grimy all afternoon.

Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried bags for Cyd Charisse (gracious). Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

#235151 Reply
    Participant

So maybe I’m not efficient (my emr metrics imply otherwise) but I’m always charting and answering messages through “lunch”. When I was just starting, I did work out during the work day- but had a shower.

#235152 Reply
    Participant

No showers means new gym.

#235159 Reply
    Liked by mkintx, ENT Doc

I would try to figure out how to shorten or eliminate the 1:45 lunch break and get off earlier, or come in later. In my mind work is all hours away from home. I try to minimize that as much as possible

The Finance Buff's solo 401k contribution spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/6cZKVA

#235162 Reply
    Liked by ENT Doc, CM, Lordosis

Reply To: Working out during work lunch break?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear