Menu

Worker's Comp "if any" policy for Independent Contractor in Califo

Home Asset Protection Worker's Comp "if any" policy for Independent Contractor in Califo

Participant

Hi all,

I have an S Corp and contract with facility in California. I believe I’m an independent contractor (although I know people are always confused about that since you can still be a 1099 and considered an employee.) The facility is telling me I need to get an “if any” policy through Worker’s Comp. I read a bit on-line to see if independent contractors in CA need Workmen’s Comp. I came across a link that tells me I don’t even qualify for Workmen’s comp. I have no clue what an “if any” plan even is let alone if I am actually allowed to get it. Here is the link I found telling me independent contractors don’t qualify for Workmen’s comp in CA: https://www.shouselaw.com/workerscomp/independent-contractor

Please let me know what you think.

Any links on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

#214576 Reply
    Participant

You can get a policy.  I had one, but chose to renew it (sole proprietor).  It was through Hartford Life I believe.  I can dig up the paperwork if you want.

I obtained it because if I get a needle stick injury at work and contract HIV or get injured while responding to a call (EMS physician), my health insurance likely will not cover the initial workup/PEP and possibly even long-term care.

#214590 Reply

Reply To: Worker's Comp "if any" policy for Independent Contractor in Califo

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear