Menu

Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

Home The Lounge Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

Participant

I’m confused about what school he actually went to. The article listed “St. James School of Medicine on the island of Bonaire.”

St James has 2 places in the Caribbean and neither are on the island of Bonaire. When looking at the island on Bonaire in the Caribbean, there’s one “medical school” that’s incredibly shady that has 1 google review.

Either way, ‘Students at Saint James School of Medicine are not currently eligible for U.S. federal student loans’ according to their website. So that’s nice we don’t have to pay his loans.

#237264 Reply
    Participant

I can (I guess) imaging him blending in with other residents for a while. But how can he date/marry someone without being exposed? Like how does he explain not getting paychecks? Did he pretend to go to work every day while married?

#237270 Reply
    Participant

I actually kinda agree with the Harvard prof., he may very well match at a desperate program or fly under the radar.  Not every PD will google their applicants and the ERAS app is so cluttered with info that his background may go unnoticed or partially unmentioned.

#237274 Reply
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

I can (I guess) imaging him blending in with other residents for a while. But how can he date/marry someone without being exposed? Like how does he explain not getting paychecks? Did he pretend to go to work every day while married?

Click to expand…

Listen to Dirty John podcast.

People will believe anything if it prevents them from being lonely.

Again this guy is almost certainly a sociopath. He’s probably a master manipulator.

#237275 Reply
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

I actually kinda agree with the Harvard prof., he may very well match at a desperate program or fly under the radar.  Not every PD will google their applicants and the ERAS app is so cluttered with info that his background may go unnoticed or partially unmentioned.

Click to expand…

He might. One thing about PD web review on ERAS is that crimes are pretty easy to see. Now whether or not he will report is another story. Any PD who doesn’t at least glance at this tab is really not doing their due diligence. I usually flip through the applicants just to make sure there’s nothing major.

The vast majority we see are misdemeanors e.g. drinking in college. Anything much above that and it’s pretty tricky. DUI is tough, it’s a huge red flag but often a candidate addresses it and notes that they totally abstain from alcohol after the event.

My guess is that he will just “forget” to report his crime on ERAS.

#237280 Reply
    Participant

I don’t think he’s a master manipulator. I think he’s a dummy. There’s nothing good that can come from him giving this interview. I think he did it just so everyone can see him in his white coat.

Something is broken inside his head. I hope somehow he can get some harmless job in industry. He has no business being around patients.

#237350 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod, Anne, childay
    Participant

I was just checking out the author’s twitter and she likened him to Michael Scott from The Office, said he sent unsolicited email photos of him in his white coat and used the phrase more than once when texting “doctor’s orders!” It would be a travesty if he’s ever allowed to touch a patient or be involved in any form of medical decision making.

#237351 Reply
    SerrateAndDominate SerrateAndDominate 
    Participant

That’s disrespectful to Michael Scott.

Earn everything.

CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

Simply ridiculous. I wonder if the government can withhold funding even if a residency program accepts him?

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#237366 Reply
    Liked by RocDoc
    Participant

Does saying one has a problem exclude them from having a personality disorder? He still sounds narcissistic.

#237369 Reply
    Liked by snowcanyon
    childay childay 
    Participant

It’s an almost unbelievable story.  Bizarre that the reporter could find no one to comment… Who wouldn’t remember some random person pretending to be a doctor?  Even for a few days? The  A lab coat with his picture on it?!?

#237370 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Bad press for St. Whatever Caribbean school. The article said they had a 60% acceptance rate into residency. That seems unacceptably high. What happens to the 40% with crazy loans and no job.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#237390 Reply
    Participant

1. I can’t believe someone married him

2. He should have tried podiatry like gramps

3. Already been denied a license in Missouri

4. Applied to SURGERY residency. OK.

#237469 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

I read this story earlier and almost posted it. I like it that he said he learned from his mistakes but years later was pretending to be a cardiologist and lied to his wife about it. Dude is pathological and I swear if he gets into a psych residency . . . This is so beyond messed up.

Click to expand…

This x100. The initial part of the story was concerning enough. Then add the shoplifting thing, then the fake medical examiner letter, then the part about being a cardiologist. It’s hard to determine how well rehabilitation went with all of these behaviors.

#237572 Reply
    mkintx mkintx 
    Participant
    Also kind of a minor point that is kind of inside Chicago medicine baseball but there are some odd things about that photo. Suffice to say it was very likely not authorized by Cook County Hospital.

Click to expand…

And yet they let him do his 3rd and 4th year rotations there (at least according to the article).  That is crazy.

#237632 Reply
    Liked by wonka31, Zaphod

Reply To: Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear