Menu

Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

Home The Lounge Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

Participant

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-08-06/adam-litwin-fake-doctor-becomes-md

rather sad his med school accepted him in the first place. Certainly the strangest story I’ve read today.

#237176 Reply
    Liked by okayplayer, Zaphod
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Seriously wth? How on earth did he masquerade for so long, like you don’t know your own residents? Insanity.

I dont expect much from UCLA of course, but I’d still guess they were smarter than this…oh well, happy to be wrong here.

#237181 Reply

cant believe there wasnt just a blanket, nope you cant be a doctor ever, placed on this guy……absolutely nuts.

I dont expect much from UCLA of course

Click to expand…

never ever. ✌️✌️✌️

#237182 Reply
    Participant

Crazy stuff. Thanks for sharing.

IF he gets into a residency…I can imagine his file would be a huge PITA for C&P when finally applying for jobs….

#237197 Reply
    Participant

Joke is on us when he defaults on his US government backed student loans and we all pick up the tab.

This garbage school should not be allowed to issue US federal student loans.

Obviously this clown was never going to match, yet they admitted him and took his money.

ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

This guy is Catch Me If You Can meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.  Somehow I think he’ll be on the other end of my “peer to peer” conversation with insurers in the near future.

wideopenspaces wideopenspaces 
    Participant

I read this story earlier and almost posted it. I like it that he said he learned from his mistakes but years later was pretending to be a cardiologist and lied to his wife about it. Dude is pathological and I swear if he gets into a psych residency . . . This is so beyond messed up.

Participant

I read the story earlier today, also.  I don’t believe that school is accredited.  If so, it would make some sense of why

1. It’s cheaper than most.

2. They would accept him.

If not accredited, I don’t believe his loans would be issued/guaranteed by the US government.

#237211 Reply
    Participant
    Somehow I think he’ll be on the other end of my “peer to peer” conversation with insurers in the near future.

Click to expand…

Can physicians do peer-to-peer conversations without residency training? Seems like they wouldn’t be a peer to a fully licensed physician. Just wondering.

#237222 Reply
    Participant

Truly lmao at Harvard professor saying the thing most preventing dude from matching is the fact he went to foreign med school.

Not it couldn’t be the fact be lied about being a doctor, falsely treated patients and then lied about it, that he lied to other peolle about being a physician, even recently, or that he forged documentation about his behavior. It couldn’t be any of that.

How does the surgery program director not know there is a dude running around the hospital for months claiming to be a resident? None of the other residents would have approached the PD and been like “oh hey I see we got a new resident.”

It’s also hilarious he claims he rounded for months and never touched a patient or rendered medical care. Okie doke I’m sure

Might be the first time I’ve read of a state medical board doing the appropriate action.

#237225 Reply
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

Three huge strikes against him. Doubt he ever matches.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#237230 Reply
    Liked by adventure
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

I read this story earlier and almost posted it. I like it that he said he learned from his mistakes but years later was pretending to be a cardiologist and lied to his wife about it. Dude is pathological and I swear if he gets into a psych residency . . . This is so beyond messed up.

Click to expand…

That was exactly what I picked up on. It’s written almost like a redemption story and then there’s this off-hand note about how he lied to his wife about being a cardiologist.

Also kind of a minor point that is kind of inside Chicago medicine baseball but there are some odd things about that photo. Suffice to say it was very likely not authorized by Cook County Hospital.

The fact that he allowed this story to be written also shows unbelievably poor judgement as it details exactly what he did when he impersonated a doc. Scene: he somehow manages to get a residency interview, PD gets a weird vibe, turns to his computer and googles “Adam Litwin MD.”

I know there are some actual psychiatrists on here but to this arm chair psychiatrist this person has a personality disorder.

Participant

The scary part is you don’t need a residency to call yourself a doctor. All you need is for a medical school to graduate you. This scenario seems very risky and wildly inappropriate for this medical school. I know of people who could not match but are able to work under a physician that finished residency and is accredited. This person gets paid less than an actual physician but tells patients he is an M.D(which is technically true). All of which is completely legal but seems very sketchy.

#237258 Reply
    Liked by mkintx, Panscan
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Litwin also drew the attention of a pharmacist when he forged prescriptions for cough remedies and tranquilizers in the name of another UCLA physician who shared his surname

I know the article says this is a misdemeanor but is that correct?  You would think forging prescriptions alone would be enough to bar him from any medical school.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#237260 Reply
    Participant

At least he has passion…

But I hope it’s for caring for patients and not just the title.

#237263 Reply

Reply To: Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear