Menu

Wife's Retirement Account Rollover

Home Retirement Accounts Wife's Retirement Account Rollover

Participant
    But if I underestimate my AGI, I could end up paying 22% on this conversion, correct?

Click to expand…

just the part that is over, yes.

#197153 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner
    However, now that I look even further into the future, once I am an attending in 2.5 years, I will pay much higher taxes on the conversion, anyway. So perhaps it would be better to just convert as much as I can at this point without worrying about staying in the 12% marginal tax bracket and just limit myself by how much of the tax bill I foresee being able to cover.

Click to expand…

This is the correct line of thinking given where you are in your career. Keep in mind that, in the big scheme of your lifetime plan, it will matter relatively little. But, yes, you want to make good decisions at each stage. The future is unpredictable and all you can base your plan on is with the information available currently available to you. Things change – it’s the nature of ongoing financial planning.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~ 270-247-0555
    https://fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only/

#197177 Reply

Reply To: Wife's Retirement Account Rollover

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear