Menu

What's with this CBD oil fad?

Home The Lounge What's with this CBD oil fad?

• Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus
    THC seems amazing for pain/anxiety 

Click to expand…

I’d say that is overstating the evidence quite a bit

Anecdotally have heard several positive CBD reviews.  I am unfamiliar with any studies on CBD oil specifically

Click to expand…

Not evidence, just anecdotal for my pts in california. Those that used regularly, even say heavily, were notable. Just a drug trade.

#238411 Reply
    Participant

Don’t know if it works.  But I’m not going to poo-poo on it either.  The stuff that’s shilled by the pharmaceutical reps for anxiety/depression/pain control is usually a combination of barely helpful, habit forming, and potentially devastating.  The cat is out of the bag with regard to accessibility so you are never going to get pharmaceutical company buy-in.  Would appreciate some high quality trials but I fear that will be lacking until some entity can patent it.

#238416 Reply
    Liked by mapplebum
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Politics pushed it out to the public. It is going to be up to the government to fund the research.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#238420 Reply
    Participant
    medical school scholarship sponsor

I actually had a patient using CBD oil fail a drug test.  They were getting tested as part of pain clinic management as on low dose narcotics for chronic pain.  They were negative on testing before starting CBD oil and I believe them that they didn’t knowingly take illicit marijuana.  We are not in a legal state.  A little scary thinking about everyone driving around that could be high on CBD oil.

#238439 Reply
    Liked by hatton1
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant

I actually had a patient using CBD oil fail a drug test.  They were getting tested as part of pain clinic management as on low dose narcotics for chronic pain.  They were negative on testing before starting CBD oil and I believe them that they didn’t knowingly take illicit marijuana.  We are not in a legal state.  A little scary thinking about everyone driving around that could be high on CBD oil.

Click to expand…

I recently read that 1/5 CBD oils have significant levels of THC.  Beware of drug testing.

#238507 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

It was the poppy seeds I swear!

https://images.app.goo.gl/JxkYseQH85oqkKe36

#238512 Reply
    Participant

never watched seinfeld….

#238539 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant
    never watched seinfeld….

Click to expand…

It was a little before my time but I caught the reruns (Fox prime time Seinfeld and Simpsons in the late 90s)  and recently rewatched the series.  Dated for sure but still funny.  Not sure if you would enjoy it without the nostalgia.

2 months ago I started rewatching  The Simpsons (thank you Hulu)  but I rarely get the time to watch more then 1 a week so I am on episode 10 or so.  With 30 seasons I might get to FI first!

#238553 Reply
    Liked by Peds
    childay childay 
    Participant

You’ll have something to retire to at least!

#238579 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

Noticed two buildings/stores today in my town selling nothing but CBD. Why you can’t just pick it up at the local grocery store is beyond me.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#239039 Reply
    Participant

I’ve asked several of my pts recently if they get any sort of buzz or high with CBD oil. They all say no. But they do claim it lowers anxiety.

#239255 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

In NYS you are not allowed to sell it in pharmacies. I do not know about grocery stores. Most people get it from vape shops and online.
    I wonder if you can bundle it with male enhancement supplements and an ESA letter when you order online?

#239261 Reply
    Liked by CordMcNally
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant
    I wonder if you can bundle it with male enhancement supplements and an ESA letter when you order online?

Click to expand…

I think you’ve got a hell of an idea. I want in. I’ll be a silent partner.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#239262 Reply
    Participant

Who is going to tell you they get a buzz? Again, what is more likely, the stuff is magic or it gets people high?

#239263 Reply
    Liked by StateOfMyHead
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

Who is going to tell you they get a buzz? Again, what is more likely, the stuff is magic or it gets people high?

Click to expand…

I still think the placebo effect is the winner. People always want to find a solution to their problems.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#239264 Reply

Reply To: What's with this CBD oil fad?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear