Menu

What do football players and doctors have in common?

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting What do football players and doctors have in common?

• SerrateAndDominate SerrateAndDominate 
    Participant

After interviewing for my hometown group, I had lunch with my dad and his wife before heading back to town. She basically implied that I needed to buy their next house. While I was glad my dad is very hard of hearing, I wish I had taken advantage of that and unleashed some thoughts at the moment.  Way before that, I’ve agreed to help my dad out within reason. I want him to enjoy his last years well sheltered and fed. I think it’s important to help parents out when needed, but I made it very clear to him that any support for him (solely intended for him) ends the moment he passes.

Don’t foresee any other hanger-ons. My mom used to play that “but you’re a doctor” card regarding the type of vehicle I drive and other non-sense, but I finally broke her of that habit.

Earn everything.

#245343 Reply
    Liked by Eye3md, Lordosis
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant
    I had lunch with my dad and his wife

Click to expand…

I use that same phrasing when talking about my dad and his wife.  My wife likes to correct me and refer to her as my stepmom.  I wanted to compromise with Evil Stepmother but she was not having it.

You are right though that with the now more common place of second (and third) marriages it makes taking care of your parents more tricky.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#245363 Reply
    SerrateAndDominate SerrateAndDominate 
    Participant
    I had lunch with my dad and his wife 

Click to expand…

I use that same phrasing when talking about my dad and his wife.  My wife likes to correct me and refer to her as my stepmom.  I wanted to compromise with Evil Stepmother but she was not having it.

You are right though that with the now more common place of second (and third) marriages it makes taking care of your parents more tricky.

Click to expand…

Not too tricky for me. She has an adult child and two grandchildren. That’s all on them. I wouldn’t put her in the evil stepmother category. She’s quite pleasant but that really helped settle my decision on those matters.

Earn everything.

#245366 Reply

Reply To: What do football players and doctors have in common?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear