Menu
This forum is no longer active. Please use the new forum at https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/

Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

Home General/Welcome Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

• jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

I think I’m going to pass too. As much as I like my job my CME fund sucks. I generally pay for most of my CME out of pocket, which I don’t mind, but I just can’t get pumped for a trip to Vegas, and my vacation schedule for spring 2020 is already looking pretty full. I am sad to miss meeting people though…I think forum meetups are a great idea!

Looking forward to 2022!

Click to expand…

Well, dang it all. Although I agree with you that Vegas is at the bottom of my conference destinations, I understand that WCI prefers to stay close to home. Next time, I hope – you’re on my “want to meet” list, too!

Vagabond MD and @hatton1 (and a few others I am blank on at the moment) – perhaps we need to revive the Nashville meetup. It died a quiet death, but I believe there was some serious interest.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP: I am not your financial advisor; any responses are for general purposes only
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

Participant

I would be up for a Nashville meetup. If our February vacation plans fall through I might even be up for a trip to Zion in early March…although one Angel’s landing hike was enough for my lifetime.

I am definitely in the Park City camp. I love it there, even though I’m terrible at skiing. I understand why a larger venue was needed though.

#229154 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

I’m out for Vegas, as well. We’re in the watch and see game of the reproduction phase but would love a get together sometime.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#229161 Reply
    EJ at Dads, Dollars, and Debts EJ at Dads, Dollars, and Debts 
    Participant

Regarding Nashville- Let’s do it. I can commute the 5- 10 minutes it would take from my home to a restaurant…or I can have some folks at my home for a drink or two.

- EJ @ DollarsandDebts.com

Cardiologist. Trying to help dads with personal finance so they can focus on the frest of life. Blogger at DollarsandDebts.com

#229178 Reply
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant

I have had a lot of stuff going on and did not sign up for this one.  I could easily swing a Nashville meet up.

#229221 Reply
    Participant

Wow, that went like hot cakes.

Totally having FOMO, but unfortunately with the new house and a new gig, can’t swing it.

Enjoy the gathering, Vegas and all the camaraderie!! Have a drink for me.

#229226 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

Unfortunately the spring break for my daughter and the filing date for tax return for my office are at around that time. Maybe when my kid goes to college I might not have that conflict.

Luckily I have enough CME by logging on to free UpToDate provided by one of the hospitals.

#229240 Reply
    Liked by hatton1
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

I would be interested in the Nashville meet up, too. My new job has me away from home a bunch starting in August, though, so my dates are pretty limited.

#229244 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

I would be interested in the Nashville meet up, too. My new job has me away from home a bunch starting in August, though, so my dates are pretty limited.

Click to expand…

Should we start another Nashville meet up thread to coordinate dates and find out if there is enough interest to get serious?

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP: I am not your financial advisor; any responses are for general purposes only
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#229248 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Should we start another Nashville meet up thread to coordinate dates and find out if there is enough interest to get serious?

Click to expand…

Yes.

#229253 Reply
    Liked by Tangler
    Participant

wish i could go! working!

#229278 Reply
    TheHappyPhilosopher TheHappyPhilosopher 
    Participant
    #229306 Reply
    Participant

Can’t wait to go – I personally enjoy going to Vegas! Who’s up for some craps? haha

#229311 Reply

Reply To: Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear