Menu
This forum is no longer active. Please use the new forum at https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/

Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

Home General/Welcome Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

• The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor
    Keymaster

Yep, I’ll be going… lucky enough to get a spot to speak (one of the non-financial talks… in order to get the CMEs!)

Have a kid that will be likely skiing in a National Ski Comp around the same time (possibly in Mammoth), so doubt my husband can go, as one of us will want to be at the competition with him. If it is close (Mammoth), I may take off to see him compete, if it does not conflict.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you… as I did not go to WCICON2018. How did you all know each other? Does the name tag say your name or your forum name? 😉

Click to expand…

Yes, you can put your Forum name on your badge.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#228347 Reply
    Liked by Tangler, adventure
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor
    Keymaster

I want to meet everyone and will definitely attend if I can get a ticket booked. I have a slight handicap that my husband and I are in Japan right now and are climbing Mount Fuji tomorrow with a group of friends at the time the WCI registration opens up. Wish me luck! Worst case, I will go on the waiting list if I can’t get adequate cell service on Mount Fuji to register for WCI. If I am successful in registering for WCI from Mount Fuji, then I think that shows some pretty extreme crazy WCI fandoc devotion!

Click to expand…

That is a crazy experience. I did it last summer. Can’t recall if I had cell phone coverage or not. Hopefully it takes a day or two to fill so you have plenty of time, but I obviously can’t promise.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#228349 Reply
    Liked by adventure, RocDoc
    Keymaster
    To be honest if it would not be covered by my CME fund I would not be interested. 

Click to expand…

It would be interesting to watch several consume alcoholic beverages in the bar and see someone blow the “slush fund” at a card or dice table. I would definitely want a glimpse of FLP’s watch. I always enjoy meeting some “true experts” in their field (some contributors are fabulous), but not so sure what the agenda is going to be. It is a long way off and I am sure it will be a success and WCI and Katie won’t get stuck with 150 rooms!

I am not an “expert” so wouldn’t have much to add. I really really want a Level 1 tshirt. Can I afford it????

Click to expand…

I wish I was only on the hook for 150 room nights. I think the contract is actually 600 room nights, so 150 rooms for 4 nights. I’ve got faith that you guys will take some of those off our hands though!

#228350 Reply
    Liked by Dreamgiver, RocDoc
    Participant

@Lordosis, do come. It’s more about enjoyable stimulating conversation with like-minded physicians than some specific knowledge to gain. I came away from last conference recharged and mindset widened.

I can not imagine a more gleeful use of institution CME money: learn about amassing enough money to be able to tell said institution to stick it!

Plus my kids love playing with other kids, so the more the merrier!

Solo Internist, Midwest

#228595 Reply
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig
    Participant

Too lazy to search, where is the registration link and what are the conference dates.

#228606 Reply
    Liked by Tangler
    Keymaster

Too lazy to search, where is the registration link and what are the conference dates.

Click to expand…

March 12-14. The link will be available in an hour, but you can’t register until 7 pm MST Monday.

#228611 Reply
    Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D.
    Participant

Apparently I’m a keynote speaker and panelist.  Not sure how that made it by the judges.

I give brief mention to my topics here.

The agenda looks impressive — I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone!

http://www.RogueDadMD.com

An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, and family

Vagabond MD Vagabond MD
    Participant

Apparently I’m a keynote speaker and panelist.  Not sure how that made it by the judges.

I give brief mention to my topics here.

The agenda looks impressive — I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Click to expand…

I think that by being the best-dressed panelist at the last conference, you were a lock for this upcoming one. 😉

#228619 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis
    Participant

The other thread about bringing kids the poster had a 6 and 10 year old. At the time of the conference I will have a 5,3,3,1 year olds. Not going to happen. My wife would kill me. I will be there if it happens again in 2022 when the kids are more travel appropriate.
    I will start saving my CME fund since it might double in cost again😉. Talk about educational inflation!

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#228620 Reply
    Lithium Lithium
    Participant

Not going to make it to this one. My CME fund is frozen. Maybe I’ll join a pre-con get together. Looks like a lot of great content though.

#228624 Reply

I’ll be there. Going to be great. Looking forward to meeting some of yall ‘in the flesh’

#228628 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc
    Participant

The conference definitely favors attendance of salaried individuals with CME funds.  Opportunity cost is very high for 1/2 Wed/Thu/Fri for private practice models.  Would have preferred Fri-Sun with more financial and fewer burnout topics.  Hope to see you all at some point in the future.  Perhaps the Kentucky Derby next year!

#228631 Reply
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

1300 bucks? + airfare + lodging. not cheap…

#228632 Reply
    Participant

I hadn’t been planning to sign up for this one (since I went to the first one, I thought I ought to leave room for someone else to go), but now I am so tempted…  It’s going to be great!

#228646 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc
    Participant

1300 bucks? + airfare + lodging. not cheap…

Click to expand…

Those are just the direct costs.  The opportunity costs of 2.5 days of missed clinic/OR are far greater.  If broader appeal is sought for future conferences I’d suggest weekend scheduling.

#228647 Reply
    Liked by Tangler, Zaphod

Reply To: Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear