Menu

Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

Home General/Welcome Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

• Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D. 
    Participant

I’m really curious on both how quick it sells out and the mix of people that end up there.

Is a dedicated WCI FB user more or less likely to go than a forum user? Is WCI becoming a rock star with a giant fan base eager to meet him?

http://www.RogueDadMD.com

An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, and family

#227422 Reply
    Dreamgiver Dreamgiver 
    Participant

I will be going with the wife and planning on doing a pre or post conference excursion in southern UT. Don’t have details yet but if someone is interested in helping with the planning let me know and we’ll put something together.

#227423 Reply
    Lithium Lithium 
    Participant

Surprised I can’t find info about cost of registration or number of attendees on the site.  Does anyone know?  The more I think about it, the more I am leaning on going.  If I am not working full time, I’d love an excuse to get out of the cold in March.

Glad I got this thread to work (for now) by clearing out my cache.

#227426 Reply
    Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D. 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

600ish attendees. He hasn’t said cost but probably slightly higher than 2018 (speculation only here on cost), but that is the audience size

#227429 Reply
    Lithium Lithium 
    Participant

600ish attendees. He hasn’t said cost but probably slightly higher than 2018 (speculation only here on cost), but that is the audience size

Click to expand…

Thanks.  How much was registration in 2018?

#227430 Reply
    Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D. 
    Participant

$650 I believe for registration last time. I don’t think would be significantly higher than that but depends on perceived demand I suppose.

However since lots of people use CME funds for this or can deduct it as CME expense, perhaps he will raise price more knowing people can afford it. The same as colleges do with tuition knowing student loans will cover it. 🙂 Everyone here loves PSLF after all!

😂

#227432 Reply
    Participant

Quote from WCI June 28 post

Over the next couple of weeks, you’ll be seeing a little more promotion around here than you usually do, but they’re all products that we’re pretty excited about. I hope you’ve already heard about WCICON20–The Physician’s Wellness and Financial Literacy Conference March 12-14th, 2020 in Las Vegas. Despite doubling the size since Park City, we expect to it to sell out even faster. Registration opens at 7 pm MST on Monday July 8th. A blog post will run that morning with all the details and the registration link. We’re expecting it to provide 15 CME (and dental) credits to attendees, so you can use your CME funds and/or write it off as a business expense.

#227433 Reply
    Participant

I have permission from the boss. Will make it a family vacation!

Solo Internist, Midwest

#227482 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    IlliniGopher IlliniGopher 
    Participant

I would go only if FLP is there.  #Hospitalists

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Teddy Roosevelt

#227501 Reply
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

Monday’s blog post will be an announcement about the conference and registration opens that evening. It will answer all your questions in this thread including cost, speakers, topics, refund policy etc. Any questions it doesn’t answer, I’ll answer between the time it runs and the time registration opens that evening.

Total attendees including speakers, vendors etc should be in the 600-700 range, so about twice the size of the Park City event. The price will be higher. If it’s too high for you, the blog, podcast, newsletter, videocast, forum, FB group, subreddit, and social media fees are still free, the books are still <$25, and the online course is still <$500 (and 15% off through Saturday with code INDEPENDENCE19).

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#227564 Reply
    Liked by Tangler, adventure
    Keymaster

Who all is planning on going?

I am really considering it.  I did not discover WCI until after the last one.   It all depends if I can lock down someone to watch the kids while we are gone.

Does anyone know if the CME is good for any other health professions?  I know a few non physicians who would be interested if it would count as credit.

Click to expand…

Physician and dentists only as far as CME. Anyone can come, but I’m not going through any more continuing ed hassle. Worst part of the whole thing actually.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#227566 Reply
    Liked by Tangler, Lordosis
    Keymaster

i was there in 2018. it was a great conference. I truly enjoyed meeting all the forum peeps. i plan to attend 2020. I’m worried a flurry of registration will jam the site leaving some folks on the waiting list. the 2018 conference was well before the facebook groups so there are a lot more potential conference goers i’d hunch.

Click to expand…

I hope not, but it could. While I want it to fill quickly, I’d rather it didn’t fill in minutes. But if it does and you get left out, well, you knew registration opened at 7 pm MST just like everyone else.

#227567 Reply
    Keymaster

Hopefully the FB fans will not overwhelm the Forumites!

Click to expand…

I expect both to be overwhelmed by the blog readers and podcast listeners, just like last time!

#227568 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

really want to go pending reproduction schedule

Click to expand…

3 of my kids birthdays are within a week of the event.  As I try to work out the logistics going is becoming more of a fantasy then reality.  It is looking like I might have to sit this one out.  Hopefully with its gained popularity it will continue in subsequent years.

Click to expand…

i wonder if there’s any content at this conference that would make it useful.  

#227659 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

You can always learn something. However I doubt going will really change my financial outlook. Once you get a hang of finance and investing there is a point of diminishing returns.
    However this is an excuse to go to Vegas and more fun way to get CME then my usual conferences.
    To be honest if it would not be covered by my CME fund I would not be interested. But since it would be of negligible expence to me …

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#227661 Reply
    Liked by Tangler

Reply To: Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear