Menu
This forum is no longer active. Please use the new forum at https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/

Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

Home General/Welcome Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

• Lordosis Lordosis
    Participant

Who all is planning on going?

I am really considering it.  I did not discover WCI until after the last one.   It all depends if I can lock down someone to watch the kids while we are gone.

Does anyone know if the CME is good for any other health professions?  I know a few non physicians who would be interested if it would count as credit.

Registration link here: https://whitecoatinvestor.regfox.com/pwflc20

More info here: https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/2020-physician-wellness-and-financial-literacy-conference/

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#226940 Reply
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD
    Participant

I attended the 2018 conference and loved it. I especially enjoyed meeting and hanging out with forum friends. I fully intended to attend again in 2020 and was even offered an official role on a panel. However, it is our daughter’s senior year spring break, and we are scheduled for a big international vacation with another family.

If there is a pre-conference get together at Zion or somewhere else as has been discussed, I will try to make it (50:50).

#226942 Reply
    CordMcNally CordMcNally
    Participant

I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to make it yet or not although I’d really like to go.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#226945 Reply
    Lithium Lithium
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

How much does it cost?  I was all in, but now I am quitting my job so my employer won’t cover the cost.  Regardless I’d probably be down for an outdoorsy pre/post-conference excursion.

#226950 Reply
    Participant

I will be there!  Looking forward to the panel and to meet a lot of folks in person.

#226953 Reply
    Participant

i was there in 2018. it was a great conference. I truly enjoyed meeting all the forum peeps. i plan to attend 2020. I’m worried a flurry of registration will jam the site leaving some folks on the waiting list. the 2018 conference was well before the facebook groups so there are a lot more potential conference goers i’d hunch.

#226990 Reply
    Participant

I’m planning on going, starting the weekend before in southern Utah, and then coming to Vegas for the conference.

Agree with the above that WCICON18 was great, both in terms of content and also in terms of meeting members of the forum.

#226993 Reply
    Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D.
    Participant

I will be there.

Best bet will be to find me at the poker table, trying to figure out which player is the fish.

🙂

http://www.RogueDadMD.com

An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, and family

#227001 Reply
    Participant

One major reason I wish this forum had private sections was so you’d feel comfortable posting pics of these kinds of things. With tags of course.

#227006 Reply
    Zaphod Zaphod
    Participant

One major reason I wish this forum had private sections was so you’d feel comfortable posting pics of these kinds of things. With tags of course.

Click to expand…

We did on twitter, probably facebook as well.

I was planning on it, but we’re having a baby in late fall, may be too exhausting. We shall see, I might need a get away from the cold at that time.

#227014 Reply
    hatton1 hatton1
    Participant

I loved 2018.  Undecided on 2020.

#227403 Reply
    MPMD MPMD
    Participant

really want to go pending reproduction schedule

#227405 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis
    Participant

really want to go pending reproduction schedule

Click to expand…

3 of my kids birthdays are within a week of the event.  As I try to work out the logistics going is becoming more of a fantasy then reality.  It is looking like I might have to sit this one out.  Hopefully with its gained popularity it will continue in subsequent years.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#227406 Reply
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD
    Participant

Hopefully the FB fans will not overwhelm the Forumites!

#227416 Reply
    Participant

Hopefully the FB fans will not overwhelm the Forumites!

Click to expand…

It’s a numbers game, so yes they will — but it still can be a benefit with more variety or experienced folk to bring to the conversations

#227420 Reply
    Liked by hatton1, q-school

Reply To: Who's Going to the White Coat Investor Conference?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear