Menu

Virtual medical scribe

Home Practice Management Virtual medical scribe

Participant

Greetings, long time lurker first time poster here. I was wondering if any of you guys are using a virtual medical scribe in your practice? I’m drowning in charts and need to get this monkey off my back. I’m in a private smaller group practice. Any recommendations regarding a service and getting started are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#239174 Reply
    Sajimone Sajimone 
    Participant

we use scribe america starting maybe 5-6 years ago.. life changer!!  minor edits on the notes mainly on the assessment and plan but 80-90% reduction in time spent on notes.  definitely worth your sanity!  I have not used virtual scribes…

#239227 Reply
    Liked by SPlum
    Participant

Thanks, I’m glad to hear it’s working out well. And by virtual scribe I mean any service where you don’t use an in-office scribe but some sort of system where the work is remotely done. It seems from talking to various colleagues that use an in-person scribe that the turnover rate can be high as they’re usually college aged kids that are looking to move on to medical school. I’ll have to look at Scribe America as I need to get my sanity back!

#239271 Reply
    Participant

Can you tell me a little more about your experience with Scribe America? I have not heard of them but it looks life a life saver! Do you work in a small practice or a larger/corporate practice?

#239277 Reply
    Sajimone Sajimone 
    Participant

Im in a multi specialty hospital based practice. One of 18 plus med oncs. Most folks here have their own or share a scribe. Some of the older folks still dictate which is sad cause they say the same thing each time or the notes are short and easy to miss the details as you follow pts over time. Copying forward the notes and making edits or adding to it is much easier to maintain. Scribes type out all hpi and past med hx.. edit ros and pe. Add it labs, scans, path. And with experience can even update the assessment and plan as they get used to your style. Agree.. most are college kids looking to get in to med or grad school but most stay for a year or ao. It is not a long term career for anyone and can’t imagine over seas being consistent either?

#239281 Reply
    Liked by SPlum
    Participant

I have been looking into this as well
    Saykara seems to have a great product. Reasonable monthly rates. They do charge a 5K set up if it is only one doctor, but I think it may be waived for multiple doctors. They say they can do pended order entry which is great
    Nuance/dragon seems to have a good product, but you have to price out their unlimited versus per chart model to see if it makes financial sense. Unclear if they can manage orders now or if it may be a feature in the future
    Robin for my amount of clinic time was the most expensive and does not offer order entry so it was a clear loser
    Deepscribe was waaaaay less expensive than any of these so I wasn’t sure if it is not nearly as good or if the others are just taking advantage of physicians
    Would love some feedback from current users

#239678 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

The use of a scribe will be made nearly obsolete when CMS adopts the new E&M coding suggested by the AMA come 2021. H&P section is “document what you think is necessary” while the MDM will dominate the coding.

#239699 Reply

Reply To: Virtual medical scribe

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear