Menu

vacation recommendations

Home The Lounge vacation recommendations

Participant

Any recommendations for a warm beach vacation destination for family with adolescent kids? (Not Disney)…Thanks.

LB3

#196969 Reply
    ACN ACN 

Royal Caribbean cruise

If you're ever having a bad day, just remember in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in Apple for $2,300.

#196970 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

What time of year? Travel/location restrictions? In US or outside? Budget?

#196971 Reply
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

Disney….Land.

#196973 Reply
    birddog birddog 
    Participant

Turks and Caicos. One of the best family vacations we have ever taken. Lots of VRBOs or hotel options depending on your preferences. Grace Bay in Turks won #1 beach in the world from
    Trip Advisor last year I think.

#196977 Reply
    Liked by lawtonbj
    q-school q-school 
    Participant

Jamaica, Virgin Islands, destin Florida, Cancun, captiva, sanibel, Marco, Bahamas, cayman, aruba

dominican, puerto Vallarta

#196979 Reply
    Participant

Turks and Caicos. One of the best family vacations we have ever taken. Lots of VRBOs or hotel options depending on your preferences. Grace Bay in Turks won #1 beach in the world from

Click to expand…

Or Grand Cayman. 7 mile beach is probably #2, if Grace Bay is #1

#196980 Reply
    Liked by q-school
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

Hawaii is another option. It really depends on what kind of beach vacation you want. There are a lot of options.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#196987 Reply
    Liked by E5797
    Participant

Grand Cayman’s 7 mile beach, in a VRBO condo.

Or check out Anguilla at the Carimar beach club – great.  But not “prepackaged” vacation like a cruise or big resort.  Perfect for us anyway.

#197005 Reply
    Liked by octopus85
    Participant

Are looking in the US or outside? I love la jolla, lots of people like destin, Florida keys, I’ve been wanting to go to South Carolina/Hilton Head, you’ve got the Hamptons in the Northeast. We visit family for spring break every year in Texas and stay in Galveston. Not even a great beach but we always have a good time. I think the nice thing about a beach vacation is you can make it as cheap or expensive as you like and you’ll still have a good time.

#197018 Reply
    Participant

Hawaii. My kids loved Oahu and Maui (2 separate vacations). All the benefits of being the United States, but also experiencing different culture. Con: long flight, but my kids felt the experience was well worth it. Not expensive for physicians. Just look for CME conferences to expense part of trip.

We’ve been to Florida too many times. Club Med Sandpiper Bay not bad for family reunions, all-inclusive. Good activities, but rooms not luxurious.

#197123 Reply
    Liked by E5797
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

Costa Rica – much more to do than just beach

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#197124 Reply
    Participant

Clearwater Beach, FL, is nice if you stay in the middle of it where all the action is.  Softest sand I’ve ever experienced.  Decent restaurants around there too.

#197145 Reply
    Liked by E5797
    Participant

Since I was there recently-

Puerto Rico – Outside the mainland US but still a part of US and hence no problems with phones, currency, driving. Knowing a bit of Spanish good but not necessary. Has quite a bit of history. Other activities available when you get tired of the beach.

#197154 Reply
    Liked by E5797
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Zika free as well I think if you’re worried about that.

#197160 Reply

Reply To: vacation recommendations

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear