Menu

Using a Self directed IRA for real estate funding

Home Real Estate Investing Using a Self directed IRA for real estate funding

Participant

Considering investing in a syndication deal using a self-directed IRA. Has anyone done this? I understand there may be tax implications, but it may be the best way to access this particular deal from a funding allocation perspective.

#205300 Reply
    Participant

Have bought direct property in a self directed IRA.
    Accounting costs are more. Compliance issues more complicated. Hopefully it will be more tax efficient.

Have never bought a syndication deal. Maybe someone has it in an IRA structure and can comment. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me it would not be worthwhile having less than 400k in the self directed IRA due to the extra expenses (for direct property at least).

#205419 Reply
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t go through the hassle for equity. But for a debt fund where it is easy to reinvest proceeds/dividends, I think it’s a good idea.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#205490 Reply

Reply To: Using a Self directed IRA for real estate funding

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear