Menu

Treasury Direct accounts

Home General Investing Treasury Direct accounts

Participant

Do any of you invest in a Treasury Direct account? I am buying $10,000 annually in iBonds, as an inflation hedge and tax-deferred savings account. I have yet to buy TIPs, Treasury  bonds/notes etc, as my comfort level of buying individual bond is low. Mostly investor in individual stock and mutual funds. Any tips on investing in government securities?

As I approach middle age, I am catching up in terms of my bond asset allocation.

#220850 Reply
    Participant

I have contemplated putting some in that but the website was so overwhelming and odd that it deterred me. This was almost 9-10 months ago.

#220851 Reply
    CM CM 
    Participant
    Do any of you invest in a Treasury Direct account?

Click to expand…

I do. Mainly t-bills.

Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried bags for Cyd Charisse (gracious). Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

#220852 Reply
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

Of course. I bonds.

#220859 Reply
    Participant

I did 3 months ago aand used reinvestment for 3 cycles. I decided Vanguard fund is simple and easy and when the funds come back in a month or so, I will move them to Vanguard.

#220870 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod
    Participant

I do I bonds and t-bills through TD. It’s Ok once you get used to it.

You can get treasuries through most brokerages though like Fidelity etc (but not I bonds).

#220873 Reply

Reply To: Treasury Direct accounts

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear