Menu

Transfer Roth IRA and Sell Shares Towards Different Fund

Home Retirement Accounts Transfer Roth IRA and Sell Shares Towards Different Fund

Participant
    Disability Insurance

Hello All,

I made a dumb mistake in that when i was in residency, I put my ROTH IRA funds into USAA mutual funds. They have okay performance but horrible fees. I’m glad that at least at that age I was investing, but it just wasnt in the best place IMO. I would like to consolidate my roth IRA from USAA to my current at Fidelity and exchange the shares from the USAA funds to vanguard (or anything else honestly). I could not find out the fees associated with this. My question is: should i suck up the poor investment choice and just let that specific roth ride itself out and focus on my new one or should I bite the bullet and transfer it and exchange, knowing their are associated fees

#213698 Reply
    Participant

Transfer.

If at fidelity buy fidelity funds. If you want Vanguard, move to Vanguard.

#213706 Reply
    Dreamgiver Dreamgiver 
    Participant

Transfer directly from Roth to Roth. Do not get a check made in your name. No fees for transferring. The. Buy whatever investment you want with it

#213715 Reply

Just call Fidelity and tell them you want to rollover a Roth IRA. They’ll make it easy. Vanguard would do the same.

The Finance Buff's solo 401k contribution spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/6cZKVA

#213718 Reply
    Liked by Hank, Lordosis

Reply To: Transfer Roth IRA and Sell Shares Towards Different Fund

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear