Menu

To grill or not to grill?

Home The Lounge To grill or not to grill?

Participant

What exactly are you needing to clean off that can’t be cleaned by cranking the heat up to high and rubbing it with a wire brush or one of those wooden paddles? When I do those things with the grill on high it gets them very clean. It’s helpful to do it at the end of when you’ve cooked food and the grill is very hot. If you try and do it the next time you grill, at least wait until the grill is very hot before trying to do it. I’ve never had a problem with an unclean grill doing this.

Click to expand…

‘Dedicated grillers will use charcoal and smokers — I’m not – need quick startup, cook, and clean out.’

You can’t do that with charcoal and referencing those that don’t care for gas grills.   If one settles onto gas — the difference isn’t the name so much as # of burners and a searing burner to lock in the juices and indirect heat afterwards.

Loved the Weber, but wasn’t a $2k differential.

#242416 Reply
    Liked by Tangler
    Participant

What exactly are you needing to clean off that can’t be cleaned by cranking the heat up to high and rubbing it with a wire brush or one of those wooden paddles? When I do those things with the grill on high it gets them very clean. It’s helpful to do it at the end of when you’ve cooked food and the grill is very hot. If you try and do it the next time you grill, at least wait until the grill is very hot before trying to do it. I’ve never had a problem with an unclean grill doing this.

Click to expand…

‘Dedicated grillers will use charcoal and smokers — I’m not – need quick startup, cook, and clean out.’

You can’t do that with charcoal and referencing those that don’t care for gas grills.   If one settles onto gas — the difference isn’t the name so much as # of burners and a searing burner to lock in the juices and indirect heat afterwards.

Loved the Weber, but wasn’t a $2k differential.

Click to expand…

Searing to lock in the juices isn’t really a thing.  Common misconception, though.

https://amazingribs.com/more-technique-and-science/more-cooking-science/myth-searing-steaks-seals-juices

#242744 Reply
    Liked by MaxPower
    Participant

Good placebo then 🙂

#242764 Reply
    Liked by AZPT, Tim
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

Good placebo then 🙂

Click to expand…

Well it’s more than that.  Searing a steak, for example, definitely improves the flavor, in my opinion.  Just not for that reason.

#242814 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    Participant

Grill was: “lost during delivery / shipping” per amazon! The shipping company: “lost it” in my order when I clicked on orders under amazon.

Amazon now sending another for no charge on a different day. Maybe someone else is using it today to BBQ!

Ha! Black market BBQ!

Anyway, it will arrive on Sept 3.

#243069 Reply
    Hank Hank 

Sounds a lot like the delivery guy done stole himself a $1,000 grill.

Was this perhaps scheduled for delivery via FedEx Ground?

#243101 Reply
    Liked by Tangler
    Participant

Grill was: “lost during delivery / shipping” per amazon! The shipping company: “lost it” in my order when I clicked on orders under amazon.

Amazon now sending another for no charge on a different day. Maybe someone else is using it today to BBQ!

Ha! Black market BBQ!

Anyway, it will arrive on Sept 3.

Click to expand…

Consider getting the same exact grill with a few extra accessories for 200 less at Costco (no financial interests).

#243103 Reply
    Participant

Thanks, yes, costco is nice. Good info!
    Life is still beyond good.
    I bought it online and they will carry up to deck and put it together (which takes 4 hours supposedly) and i bought it on a “tax free weekend” so I saved 6.25% on state taxes.
    Hank, I already procured 3 propane tanks!

#243107 Reply
    Liked by Peds

Reply To: To grill or not to grill?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear