Menu

Time the Market with me!

Home General Investing Time the Market with me!

There is more than one road to Dublin.

The Finance Buff's solo 401k contribution spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/6cZKVA

#238464 Reply
    Participant

“I give you a lot more credit for building a solo practice you could sell for $5M”

Thank gawd the NP and PA decided the needed a job. I mean, someone has to do the heavy lifting to get a practice going. So…. buying funds when you say the market is flat is a symptom of investment genius? Not to deflect, without a process with defined criteria, not generalities, it’s called a guess or hope. The problem is with your burn rate, if you have to dip into the “cash” because of “unforeseen problems “ could snowball.
    Great staff makes a great practice. Keep em happy.

#238472 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

These conversations are getting weirder and weirder while also being less and less valuable/productive.

#238475 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Yeah I started this nonsense and even I vote to shut it down!

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#238505 Reply
    Liked by Anne
    Participant
    “I give you a lot more credit for building a solo practice you could sell for $5M”

Click to expand…

That’s the plan. I’m ~one year from graduating residency in Child Psych/Adult Psych. Then starting cash only private practice. I’m also considering splitting time and starting a cash only Saboxone clinic. For now, I’m investing and saving my money now, so I can cash flow the whole business to begin with.

Personally I don’t think the market is going to be the best investment vehicle for extra money over the next 5-10 years. (I think were due a slow down). I’ll still of course put away the tax deferred money in the retirement accounts, but extra money beyond the maximum contributions, For extra money though,  I’m going to look to invest in my personal business, probably buy a vacation real estate for personal/Air BnB use. I’ve got a family farm that could always use some improvements as well. I’m also going in with family and building/buying a lot of parking lots for large semi trucks.

I think inflation will increase significantly to pay for the big social security shortage bill coming up in 2034. So I’ll look to leverage myself away from the market and/or look to invest more heavily in emerging markets.

#238518 Reply
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

Click to expand…

That’s the plan. I’m ~one year from graduating residency in Child Psych/Adult Psych. Then starting cash only private practice. I’m also considering splitting time and starting a cash only Saboxone clinic. For now, I’m investing and saving my money now, so I can cash flow the whole business to begin with.

Personally I don’t think the market is going to be the best investment vehicle for extra money over the next 5-10 years. (I think were due a slow down). I’ll still of course put away the tax deferred money in the retirement accounts, but extra money beyond the maximum contributions, For extra money though,  I’m going to look to invest in my personal business, probably buy a vacation real estate for personal/Air BnB use. I’ve got a family farm that could always use some improvements as well. I’m also going in with family and building/buying a lot of parking lots for large semi trucks.

I think inflation will increase significantly to pay for the big social security shortage bill coming up in 2034. So I’ll look to leverage myself away from the market and/or look to invest more heavily in emerging markets.

Click to expand…

Might want to learn how to spell the medication that you will be prescribing.

#238549 Reply

Reply To: Time the Market with me!

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear