Menu

The Physician Philosopher Book

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting The Physician Philosopher Book

• The Physician Philosopher The Physician Philosopher 
    Participant

I thought this forum would want to know about about my new book (The Physician Philosopher’s Guide to Personal Finance: The 20% of Personal Finance Doctors Need to Know to Get 80% of the Results).  The foreword was written by Jim (White Coat Investor) and also reviewed by Physician on Fire.  This is what they had to say about it,

“I have frequently told physicians and dentists that the first really good personal finance and investing book you ever read is likely to be worth $2 Million to you over the course of your life… This is a $2 Million book.” – James M. Dahle, MD (The White Coat Investor)

“Applying the Pareto principle, Dr. Turner has distilled his substantial knowledge and experience in personal finance into a no-nonsense book that a physician can easily read and understand in one insightful evening.”  -Leif M. Dahleen, MD (Physician on FIRE)

I’d love for others to take a look at it and pass it along to other medical professionals (and those in training).

Owner of thephysicianphilosopher.com website: helping medical professionals obtain wealth and wellness.

#197148 Reply
    q-school q-school 
    Participant

congrats!  that’s awesome.  huge props from me.  it’s not easy to put yourself out there.

#197151 Reply
    Participant

Congratulations on the book!! I hope to read it soon

#197201 Reply
    legobikes legobikes 
    Participant

‘Philosophy’ is a bit of an overstatement when it comes to what you write about, no?

#197206 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

The above quotes should go a long way toward establishing credibility with prospective non-WCI readers. I have downloaded but not read (tax season, you know) and feel confident it will not be a waste of time when I am able to. Good luck with your labor of love. I have no doubt that you wrote this to help others  rather than to grow your bottom line, although I sincerely hope you are profitable as a result.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~ 270-247-0555
    https://fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only/

#197207 Reply
    The Physician Philosopher The Physician Philosopher 
    Participant

@qschool and @docbeans Thanks for the encouragement!

@legobikes Funny you should say that.  I was a philosophy major in undergrad and am obviously a physician.  Hence, The Physician Philosopher.  The thought process when I created my blog was that I was going to be discussing the “why” behind money and thoughts on other tough topics (burnout, wellness, etc).  I actually do write about those topics and how financial independence plays a roll in all of that.  There certainly is a bit of philosophy when it comes to these things.  If I could go back I might name the site something different, but it’s been 16 months and re-branding would prove a challenge.  So, the name is here to stay 🙂

@jfoxcpacfp Thanks for your kind words!  You’ll have to let me know what you think once tax season is over!  I appreciate your kind words.

Owner of thephysicianphilosopher.com website: helping medical professionals obtain wealth and wellness.

#197225 Reply
    Participant

Bought a copy to read yesterday.

Cheers, continue doing what you’re doing. And I enjoy the philosophy aspect of your material.

#197248 Reply
    Participant
    I’d love for others to take a look at it and pass it along to other medical professionals (and those in training).

Click to expand…

send me a copy and ill let you know!

#197285 Reply
    Liked by Tim, Lordosis, G
    Participant

@peds Haha. It costs $9.99 in the Kindle version. And it’ll be worth far more than that to most who read it.

I actually gave out over 1,000 free copies to my blog subscribers when it came out. One of the perks to being a subscriber.

#197314 Reply
    Participant

I did read the book and thought it was great for someone just starting to learn about personal finance.  I am giving a lecture to our residents in early May, and this book is on my recommended reading list.

#197527 Reply
    Participant

I too had the opportunity to read the book and agree it is an excellent resource for med students and residents looking to get their financial house in order. Recommending the book every chance I get!

#197631 Reply
    Participant

@waywoe Thanks!  I appreciate the recommendation.

@dabears38 Thanks for the kind words.  I hope that others find it helpful, too!

#197744 Reply

Reply To: The Physician Philosopher Book

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear