Menu
This forum is no longer active. Please use the new forum at https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/

Tesla

Home The Lounge Tesla

Participant
    Wasn’t a fan of regenerative breaking and turned it off after few mins of driving. May be it’s better on highways.

Click to expand…

When I first took delivery of the car 100 miles away and drove it home, it was an awful ride due to the marked regen braking. For the first few days of use it caused so much jerking that I developed neck pain. I never had that feeling on the regen in my hybrid vehicles, where it was the pressure on the brakes rather than taking off my foot from the accelerator that caused the regen to occur.

But I persisted ( with a couple of naproxens). After a week or so I got the hang of it and it took a full month to do one pedal driving and not coast by taking my foot off the accelerator, like I used to do in the ICE cars. Now driving an ICE car has become difficult.

#255101 Reply

Reply To: Tesla

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear