Menu

Telemedicine Update, Any feedback?

Home General/Welcome Telemedicine Update, Any feedback?

Participant

Hi

Anyone know anything about mytelemedicne and teledoc?

Would you recommend getting a LLC for telemedicine

I like the home office deduction and health insurance deduction because I am currently a relief physician and do not get those with my current job?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

#230419 Reply
    Participant

let me share my thoughts about telemedicine:

I believe your success to be heavily state dependent.

As the amount of money you can make depends almost solely on volume. And volume is a function of the states in which you are licensed.

I would normally keep this information to myself, but I feel I owe it to the this amazing board to give back for all the advice over the years (lurker)

I am lucky enough to have a Texas license. I also added a Florida license for additional volume.

I was considering adding the multi-state compact licenses but there are always plenty during the hours for which I work already.

With these licenses, and the volume of consults, I can make $100-$300/hour depending on the time of day

for example, if I log in at 4-10pm, peak hours, you can often get simple (UTI, influenza, viral URI) back to back to back and approach $200-300/hr.

It also gets easier the more you do, as templates and prescriptions are saved for the most common conditions.

I would also recommend dictating rather than typing. (i.e. make commands for “insert viral URI” or “insert UTI”). Anything to speed up #Consult/hour.

Now of course you sometimes get a patient who will ask you never ending questions, but I have yet to have a rude patient. Some are just more inquisitive than others.

Making the jump to hardcore telemedicine side hustle is one of the best decisions I have made. Just dumped $10,000 into a crowdhustle multifamily and it is paying me $100 passive incoming per month even before the eventual payout.

Not to mention the patients are exceedingly grateful and respectful, in stark contrast to many in the hospital. I find it fun and rewarding, all from the comfort of my own home without the midnight calls once i sign off.

I strongly believe telemedicine to be the wave of the future and am proud to be on the front end of this.

#232779 Reply
    Participant

It amazes me that FLP can go to sleep at night or get out of the house in the morning, with such extreme aversion to any form of risk.

Click to expand…

nah, not really into high risk low reward type endeavors. you have to think that the type of patients who would seek out a telemedicine encounter is likely looking for something.

Click to expand…

Not sure what you are implying, but if you are implying most will be opiate or drug seekers that has not been my experience.

It has been much more pleasant than the majority of inpatients I come into contact with.

At this point I have some several 1,000 telemedicine consults. Only 1-2 issues total with people demanding opiates to which I just say NO and inform them this is not legally possible through telemedicine.

Most are simply looking for symptomatic relief from viral URI or to have their UTI treated.

#232787 Reply
    Participant

Are any of these telemedicine opportunities open to resident physicians?

Click to expand…

Most require a state license and to be board certified (i.e. graduated residency and taken and passed your board exam)

#232793 Reply
    or to have their UTI treated.

Click to expand…

and you always need abx….and its never just vaginitis….or fungal…..or an STI….

this is my prob with telemedicine.

these items (UTI, strep for example) are things that should be tested first.

#232804 Reply
    Participant

let me share my thoughts about telemedicine:

I believe your success to be heavily state dependent.

As the amount of money you can make depends almost solely on volume. And volume is a function of the states in which you are licensed.

I would normally keep this information to myself, but I feel I owe it to the this amazing board to give back for all the advice over the years (lurker)

I am lucky enough to have a Texas license. I also added a Florida license for additional volume.

I was considering adding the multi-state compact licenses but there are always plenty during the hours for which I work already.

With these licenses, and the volume of consults, I can make $100-$300/hour depending on the time of day

for example, if I log in at 4-10pm, peak hours, you can often get simple (UTI, influenza, viral URI) back to back to back and approach $200-300/hr.

It also gets easier the more you do, as templates and prescriptions are saved for the most common conditions.

I would also recommend dictating rather than typing. (i.e. make commands for “insert viral URI” or “insert UTI”). Anything to speed up #Consult/hour.

Now of course you sometimes get a patient who will ask you never ending questions, but I have yet to have a rude patient. Some are just more inquisitive than others.

Making the jump to hardcore telemedicine side hustle is one of the best decisions I have made. Just dumped $10,000 into a crowdhustle multifamily and it is paying me $100 passive incoming per month even before the eventual payout.

Not to mention the patients are exceedingly grateful and respectful, in stark contrast to many in the hospital. I find it fun and rewarding, all from the comfort of my own home without the midnight calls once i sign off.

I strongly believe telemedicine to be the wave of the future and am proud to be on the front end of this.

Click to expand…

What telemedicine companies do you work with if you do not mind me asking. Also how long did it take you to get familiar with the flow  to make that kind of money per hour?

#232952 Reply
    Participant

Teladoc.

Couple weeks to get the macros down in my dictation system and common medications saved. Also took some refreshing on outpatient medicine.

Money is usually 100-200/hr. Can hit 200-300 during peak hours or if have multiple desirable state licenses.

#233042 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

Teladoc.

Couple weeks to get the macros down in my dictation system and common medications saved. Also took some refreshing on outpatient medicine.

Money is usually 100-200/hr. Can hit 200-300 during peak hours or if have multiple desirable state licenses.

Click to expand…

Do you work full-time as one of their employed physicians or more as a 1099/Independent Contractor model?

#233065 Reply
    Participant

Awesome. Teladoc here too. What dictation system do you use?

#233067 Reply
    Participant

Teladoc.

Click to expand…

Do you work full-time as one of their employed physicians or more as a 1099/Independent Contractor model?

Click to expand…

Contractor. Did not know they had employed physicians? This is news to me.

#233077 Reply
    Participant

Awesome. Teladoc here too. What dictation system do you use?

Click to expand…

I use Dragon Medical.

Does anyone else have any tips or ideas to increase efficiency for telemedicine?

I have templates premade for common diagnoses that can populate while dictating. Saved medications for common compliants as well.

#233078 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

Teladoc.

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Contractor. Did not know they had employed physicians? This is news to me.

Click to expand…

I thought they did, however I may be confusing it with one of the other companies.

#233079 Reply

Reply To: Telemedicine Update, Any feedback?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear