Menu

Taxable accounts -investment options Vanguard

Home General Investing Taxable accounts -investment options Vanguard

Participant
    alpha investing

I am maximizing my tax advantaged account and would like to add more investments to my taxable Vanguard account.  Tax advantaged account have approximately 35% bond index funds, 10% international funds and remaining are stocks.

Currently all money in my taxable account is in VFIAX which I plan to keep.

My thought was to add international fund VTIAX, municipal bond VWIUX and maybe mid/small caps VEXAX or value VVIAX over the next year or two.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the above choices or what other funds would you recommend?

#189446 Reply
    Participant

thats fine.

basically tax efficient funds to continue your portfolio. munis if >24% marginal.

we use total US/s&p, total INTL/ex-US, and inter term muni/ltd term.

#189451 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD, mlc7
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

I am maximizing my tax advantaged account and would like to add more investments to my taxable Vanguard account.  Tax advantaged account have approximately 35% bond index funds, 10% international funds and remaining are stocks.

Currently all money in my taxable account is in VFIAX which I plan to keep.

My thought was to add international fund VTIAX, municipal bond VWIUX and maybe mid/small caps VEXAX or value VVIAX over the next year or two.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the above choices or what other funds would you recommend?

Click to expand…

Sounds like an excellent plan.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#189486 Reply
    Liked by mlc7
    Participant

Agree that the plan seems reasonable. In our taxable account, we have total US stock, total international and short term municipal bond funds. Simple and works for us.

#189541 Reply
    Liked by mlc7

Reply To: Taxable accounts -investment options Vanguard

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear