Menu

Survey: How many Physicians here also Precept Students?

Home The Lounge Survey: How many Physicians here also Precept Students?

•  Panscan 
    Participant

Serious question, if the people actually doing the teaching aren’t getting paid, where does all that tuition money GO?

I have been approached by NP students wanting to do rotations. Compensation: a $25 target gift card. That’s almost more insulting that nothing. Again, these people are paying tuition. You would think as paying customers the school would at least arrange rotations.

Click to expand…

how do you think these schools have 12 departments of diversity and social studies , along with annual new construction? It’s insane.

#180637 Reply
    Liked by Hank
     mainah 
    Participant

My clinic gets paid $600 for every PA student I precept. I just got a really good one this week with some life and clinical experience who has been able to make my life a little easier. I enjoy teaching and my last clinic actually gave me the stipend, which would cover all my travel expenses for the year. The key is getting good ones though, which you really have no way of knowing until you see them in action.

#180646 Reply
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

Serious question, if the people actually doing the teaching aren’t getting paid, where does all that tuition money GO?

I have been approached by NP students wanting to do rotations. Compensation: a $25 target gift card. That’s almost more insulting that nothing. Again, these people are paying tuition. You would think as paying customers the school would at least arrange rotations.

Click to expand…

I would bet that these people are coming from for-profit schools…and business is good.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#180647 Reply

Reply To: Survey: How many Physicians here also Precept Students?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear