Menu

Shipping car

Home The Lounge Shipping car

• Craigy Craigy 
    Participant

If it’s your personal car and you’re moving from LA to OKC, you drive it yourself.

LEVEL 1 WCI FORUM MEMBER.

#233468 Reply
    Participant

It is not my personal car (yet). I live in OKC, bought it on eBay

#233507 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    Participant

I’m moving across country next week (2500 miles) and am going to drive both of our vehicles. Drive one, fly back and get the second. Did same thing last year. Tried to ship but the quotes were ridiculous (~$1800 per car, not enclosed) and was told “there’s a 3 week window in which you may or may not get your car back”. I can do the drive in 3 days for $600. The US is beautiful, so much to see so makes for a nice trip. Most people are not willing to drive that much so gives an opportunity to do something most people won’t do.

#233528 Reply
    Liked by Craigy, Zaphod, Tim
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

I’m moving across country next week (2500 miles) and am going to drive both of our vehicles. Drive one, fly back and get the second. Did same thing last year. Tried to ship but the quotes were ridiculous (~$1800 per car, not enclosed) and was told “there’s a 3 week window in which you may or may not get your car back”. I can do the drive in 3 days for $600. The US is beautiful, so much to see so makes for a nice trip. Most people are not willing to drive that much so gives an opportunity to do something most people won’t do.

Click to expand…

Did just that but 2100 miles. Did a lot of time on I-40 which is a gorgeous part of the country. Stocked up on podcasts and full on discographies I wanted to listen to. Makes the time pass pretty quick. Its all about timing your hydration to the last few miles before next fill up.

#233776 Reply
    Liked by Craigy
    Craigy Craigy 
    Participant

It is not my personal car (yet). I live in OKC, bought it on eBay

Click to expand…

Just fly there and go get it.

LEVEL 1 WCI FORUM MEMBER.

#233779 Reply

Reply To: Shipping car

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear