Menu

Screw it — time to spend

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting Screw it — time to spend

• CM CM 
    Participant

@Rogue Dad, M.D, I just have to pile on. I am very very happy for your win. We live kind of midway between St. Louis and Nashville, and I am happy for either team to do well, but, especially excited for you especially given the the Preds were out (have a very closely “involved” client + my kids are in Nashville lol).

Click to expand…

Paducah?

Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried bags for Cyd Charisse (gracious). Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

#221713 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

@Rogue Dad, M.D, I just have to pile on. I am very very happy for your win. We live kind of midway between St. Louis and Nashville, and I am happy for either team to do well, but, especially excited for you especially given the the Preds were out (have a very closely “involved” client + my kids are in Nashville lol).

Click to expand…

Paducah?

Click to expand…

Wow – close! You from around here?

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP: I am not your financial advisor; any responses are for general purposes only
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#221724 Reply
    CM CM 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Paducah?

Click to expand…

Wow – close! You from around here?

Click to expand…

I’ve spent a lot of time in St Louis and grew up in Cincinnati. One of my med school classmates is from Paducah. I know of the town because of him.

Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried bags for Cyd Charisse (gracious). Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

#221996 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    I’ve spent a lot of time in St Louis and grew up in Cincinnati. One of my med school classmates is from Paducah. I know of the town because of him.

Click to expand…

As they say, small world! Fun to have a connection. Did you ever go to Starnes BBQ?

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP: I am not your financial advisor; any responses are for general purposes only

#222002 Reply
    CM CM 
    Participant
    Starnes BBQ

Click to expand…

I guess that’s a place in Paducah, but I’ve never been to the town. 🙂

#222004 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Starnes BBQ

Click to expand…

I guess that’s a place in Paducah, but I’ve never been to the town.

Click to expand…

Oh. I thought you meant in the Biblical sense.

#222007 Reply
    Participant

I won’t tell you what I spent for front row tickets for me, wife, kids, and parents to a concert of a legendary artist, likely to be one of the last tours for him, one of the greatest ever. I would be kicked off the forum.

It was once in a lifetime for 3 generations to experience together. Was front row necessary? Absolutely not. Once in a lifetime though. Enjoy the playoffs.

Click to expand…

I might know who this was…

It sounds very similar to my big spending item as an indebted med student.  I’m a big fan of the Beatles, and with Paul McCartney getting older and me starting residency soon, I figured I might never get another chance to see him perform.  I got the cheapest ticket I could, but it was absolutely the best $150 I ever spent.  Amazing 3 hr concert seeing a living legend.  I’ll never forget singing “Hey Jude” along with Paul McCartney and 15000 other people!

#222023 Reply
    Liked by MaxPower
    Participant

I’m just so glad that the Bruins lost. We flew into Logan on Friday after work and the town was so quiet! We got to Burlington in 20 minutes! I did root for Kampfer, though!

I have been to many rose bowls whenever Michigan has played. I will happily spend a couple Gs on a ticket to a national championship game if Michigan should ever get there. Unlikely, given what happens in the $EC.

#222091 Reply
    Participant

Get gently used Birkin @ rebag for 10K. Save 8 – 12K in the process.

#224955 Reply
    Participant

Paying 10k for a purse is literally insane. At least a luxury car still has other features or benefits. A more expensive house is bigger, newer or in a better area. An expensive purse? Not much different

#224980 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Well it replaced the $50 purse. So you can subtract out the cost of that. 😛

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#224986 Reply
    xraygoggles xraygoggles 
    Participant

$800 in Lululemon attire.

Yes, they have a men’s section, and it’s the most comfortable clothing imaginable.

“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

#226406 Reply

Reply To: Screw it — time to spend

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear