Menu

Screw it — time to spend

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting Screw it — time to spend

• Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D. 
    Participant

Vagabond — southwest doesn’t have business class

But this $ was never going to a vacation. Most was my personal slush fund. If I didn’t spend it soon I would have been playing no limit Texas hold ‘em in Vegas during next WCI conference with this $.

http://www.RogueDadMD.com

An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, and family

#220592 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp
    Participant

@roguedad, get ready for game 7.  at least you can check stanley cup off your bucket list.

#220595 Reply
    Participant

@Rogue Dad, M.D. Irrespective of the result hope you enjoyed the game.

#220614 Reply
    Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D. 
    Participant

@humbleinvestor — thank you, I enjoyed it. It was close until the third period and while we were outplayed at least we weren’t out of the game until late. Meaning lots of real tension.

I actually sat by myself. Met up with friends who were there before the game and after the first period. Unlike baseball, hockey doesn’t lend itself to lots of casual conversation (especially playoff hockey). So I just focused on the game, chatted online during breaks, and took in the atmosphere.

A chunk people left a few minutes before the final horn sounded. Presumably they didn’t pay as much as I did to get in — I watched every second. But the game was out of hand by then also.

#220618 Reply
    Participant

@humbleinvestor — thank you, I enjoyed it. It was close until the third period and while we were outplayed at least we weren’t out of the game until late. Meaning lots of real tension.

I actually sat by myself. Met up with friends who were there before the game and after the first period. Unlike baseball, hockey doesn’t lend itself to lots of casual conversation (especially playoff hockey). So I just focused on the game, chatted online during breaks, and took in the atmosphere.

A chunk people left a few minutes before the final horn sounded. Presumably they didn’t pay as much as I did to get in — I watched every second. But the game was out of hand by then also.

Click to expand…

I am with you on that. I like to focus on the game as well and there are only TV time outs other than period breaks and the game goes pretty fast compared to other sports.

#220620 Reply
    Participant

@Rogue Dad MD,
    Most sports, TV actually enhances the viewing experience. Hockey is person is vastly superior with about any seat. Call it a frugal value play. One can rationalize anything.

#220623 Reply
    Participant

IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.

LET’S GO BLLLOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZ

#221470 Reply
    Participant

Real splurge should have been Game 7 tickets plus the trip to Boston.

Congrats!  It’s a great feeling when your team finally gets one, especially when you’ve been a fan for life.

#221473 Reply
    Participant

Congrats to your team. I did not think Bruins will lose Game 7 at home. I guess ROR trade was worth it.

#221474 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

I’m not sure what was funnier, the first six Blues players screaming profanities after hoisting the cup, the fact the NBC completely forgot to turn off the mic/silence the profanities or that Doc Emrick apologized when they returned from commercial. That was some real special tv right there, imho.

#221475 Reply
    Participant

Lol — flying to Boston and paying another $2-3k too much. I honestly thought before game started we would lose.

Also I hate Boston fans so much I can’t even use the correct language here. The potential outcome
    of watching a Boston team beat another StL team in a championship was too much.

#221477 Reply
    Participant

Lets go Blues!!!

#221540 Reply
    Participant
    Also I hate Boston fans so much I can’t even use the correct language here. The potential outcome of watching a Boston team beat another StL team in a championship was too much.

Click to expand…

I will be glad to see any team beat a Boston professional team, whether it be football, baseball or basketball.😊

#221543 Reply
    Participant

Congratulations @roguedadmd! I let my son watch it though it was past his bed time.

#221694 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

@Rogue Dad, M.D, I just have to pile on. I am very very happy for your win. We live kind of midway between St. Louis and Nashville, and I am happy for either team to do well, but, especially excited for you especially given the the Preds were out (have a very closely “involved” client + my kids are in Nashville lol).

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~ 270-247-0555
    https://fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only/

#221702 Reply

Reply To: Screw it — time to spend

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear