Menu

Refusing to pay service bill

Home The Lounge Refusing to pay service bill

•  Panscan 
    Participant

I mean thats one strategy but if your goal is to be done with it and waste as little time as possible then getting indignant isnt really going to accomplish that and it’ll require at least a decent amount of time on your part.

Is anything going to change in the company based on you freaking out on them? Probably not. But you’re going to lose multiple hours of your time. The natural response might be “well if everyone did that the companies would just bill everyone fraudulently.”

I’d save vote with your wallet and never support them again. Then if someone else asks ” hey do you know a good hvac company” or whatever, tell them how this company screwed you. That is how you enact change to companies without wasting your time IMO

#185610 Reply
    Liked by Tim
     Panscan 
    Participant

Or another example. Gillette just had that super sexist commercial which is extremely anti men. That’s their choice. I won’t support them. I’m not going to whine about it or write them letters or call. I just won’t give them my money.

#185611 Reply
    Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D. 
    Participant

The Gillette thing isn’t a relevant analogy at all.

It was obvious at the beginning this was not about time — he has $89 to pay. And he isn’t going to hurt their business with a boycott.

Lots of things we do aren’t with the time — mowing a large lawn on your own can be done more efficiently by paying someone. If you choose to mow it it’s because of something else.

And it’s not all about freaking out when one gets indignant. It’s about ensuring they get the fundamentals.

Example: had a big issue with local moving company screwing up 2.5 years ago. Terrible service, workers not equipped to do the job. I complained loudly and manager got all pissed off and was defending his workers, who didn’t tell the truth and who of course he will believe over me.

I told him not only excessive detail so he would know I had all the info, but also made a personal connection and professional one. I told him I work in an ER, deal with angry people all the time, and understand how difficult such situation can be. I made it clear I had no motivation to lie and connected with him.

He ultimately apologized to me and rectified the situation to the best of his ability and gave a partial refund (which is what I asked for).

I found that personally far more worthwhile than just swallowing the bill and the anger from their bad service to retain the time.

http://www.RogueDadMD.com

An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, and family

#185631 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

Resolution:

I wrote a long letter outlining my complaints addressed to their service manager and included a check for the full amount.

Basically said “if you feel that you have provided customer service up to your standards please feel free to cash this and I will find a new HVAC service company.”

Check cleared today.

#189019 Reply
    Liked by hatton1, Craigy, Tim
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

Resolution:

I wrote a long letter outlining my complaints addressed to their service manager and included a check for the full amount.

Basically said “if you feel that you have provided customer service up to your standards please feel free to cash this and I will find a new HVAC service company.”

Check cleared today.

Click to expand…

I LOVE that solution!

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~ 270-247-0555
    https://fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only/

#189027 Reply
    Dreamgiver Dreamgiver 
    Participant

Resolution:

Check cleared today.

Click to expand…

Too bad. Blast them with a bad review on several websites. A couple of minutes to write it, a few more to post on several websites. Have a glass of wine.

#189028 Reply
     Tim 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Now for the rest of the story! Whatever happened to the plumbing under your floor? I was picturing you gettng your floor torn up and then the polar vortex hit. Not many would dig outside at -16!

#189032 Reply
    Craigy Craigy 
    Participant

Interesting thread, thanks for posting resolution.

Yeah for $89.00 I’d probably pay it too, after fighting and complaining.

I would also get my $89.00 worth by absolutely trashing them every way I could. BBB complaint, horrible google review, horrible yelp review, horrible angie’s list review, horrible facebook review, to start.  I’d complain on facebook groups and local community pages.  Might even write a letter to the editor of the newspaper.   Worth your time?  Probably not, but it will give you some satisfaction.

LEVEL 1 WCI FORUM MEMBER.

#189068 Reply
    Liked by hatton1, Zaphod
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Now for the rest of the story! Whatever happened to the plumbing under your floor? I was picturing you gettng your floor torn up and then the polar vortex hit. Not many would dig outside at -16!

Click to expand…

I am still in counseling, when I am able to talk about this I will post the story. Check back in 2042.

Reply To: Refusing to pay service bill

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear