Menu

Real Estate Syndicates

Home Real Estate Investing Real Estate Syndicates

Participant

Hello,

I am interested in Real Estate Syndicates, and have some in mind.

What is the best way to hold the Syndicate? Personal, LLC or other?

And is it better to hold in Taxable or Retirement Accounts?

Thank you

#206378 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

I am bumping this b/c you have received no responses so far. But I think part of the reason may be that you are starting out by asking a fairly vague series of q’s as a newbie leading many who might otherwise nibble to suspect your motives.

If you’re legit, talk to us and convince.

Otherwise, I’m afraid you have chosen the wrong forum for a fishing expedition and you are SOL.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~ 270-247-0555
    https://fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only/

#206473 Reply
    Participant

I have set up and run 3 syndicates myself with other docs as investors. The money I put in came sometimes from SDIRA and sometimes outside of it. It depends on which pool of money you want to use. If you use IRA be sure the cash flow goes back to the IRA and not you personally, otherwise the IRS could disallow the IRA. Also be sure any loan involved is non recourse if using IRA, per IRS regs. Regarding using an LLC to invest, you can if it’s already set up and has the cash, otherwise no need to set one up just to do the investment. The syndicate will have insurance that would cover any lawsuit.

#207477 Reply

Reply To: Real Estate Syndicates

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear