Menu

Random! Not Finance! Any Computer/Tech MDs?

Home The Lounge Random! Not Finance! Any Computer/Tech MDs?

Earnest refinancing bonus

well they are less expensive for what you are getting…..dont forget the horsepower rivals laptops from a few years ago with the same resolution screens, updated antennas etc etc

like everything, its all a trade off.

glad you got something that you like and fits your needs.

#245043 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod, Lordosis
    Participant

Why are phones so expensive despite everything else electronic getting cheaper?

Click to expand…

Because many people break that $1K in installments and pay $30+ each month on top of their plan. If they had to pay that much in one shot they will think twice about plunking that kind of money on the newest X and Note+.

I am still on Samsung Galaxy S8+ that I got 3 years ago at BOGO free.

#245056 Reply
    Participant
    Verizon will not activate old phones anymore

Click to expand…

I have been turned off completely from carriers that lock you into their system like Verizon or ATT. I like the option of getting unlocked GSM phones that are compatible with US GHZ spectrum and just switch the old SIM with new SIM.

But with the advent of SIM-less phones that option might be going away soon.

#245058 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Why are phones so expensive despite everything else electronic getting cheaper?

Click to expand…

Because many people break that $1K in installments and pay $30+ each month on top of their plan. If they had to pay that much in one shot they will think twice about plunking that kind of money on the newest X and Note+.

I am still on Samsung Galaxy S8+ that I got 3 years ago at BOGO free.

Click to expand…

For some reason rent to own is understood to be a bad choice by the general public for most things except phones like you mention.

I can afford to plunk down $800 if I wanted to but the thought of doing so gave me pause and I looked at what I really wanted and needed.

My wife has the S8.  She is not too happy with it but she is cheaper then me and will use it until it dies rather then buy something else.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#245059 Reply
    legobikes legobikes 
    Participant

The trick to old phones is not to upgrade to the new version of the OS. I’ve got a rooted S7 and I didn’t update it, it still works just fine. I actually recently bought a battery replacement kit on amazon for $18, so now the battery life is back to 2 days.

Also I buy the international/unlocked version of my phones off of Amazon or Ebay a year after their release date, for about 60% of the price.

#245064 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod
    legobikes legobikes 
    Participant

I am sure Amazon is listening. I will shut her off next time I plan a heist. But if they learn that I like classic rock and my favorite color is green so be it.
    Honestly I could get rid of the echo today because the only feature I would miss is telling her to turn off the TV when the kids lose the remote.

Click to expand…

It.

#245066 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

I am sure Amazon is listening. I will shut her off next time I plan a heist. But if they learn that I like classic rock and my favorite color is green so be it.
    Honestly I could get rid of the echo today because the only feature I would miss is telling her to turn off the TV when the kids lose the remote.

Click to expand…

It.

Click to expand…

Oh man that is how convincing she is!

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#245073 Reply

Reply To: Random! Not Finance! Any Computer/Tech MDs?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear