Menu

PSA: It's another good day to TLH international

Home General Investing PSA: It's another good day to TLH international

•  Peds 
    Participant

lol its funny seeing everyone go to third/forth/etc partners.

my buy date hasnt come yet.

therefore im doing nothing.

but when that date comes, look out, should be fun.

Click to expand…

Not following

Click to expand…

what part?

#159778 Reply
    Tom Kazansky Tom Kazansky 
    Participant

Peds and jacovlu –

If dividends were received/reinvested for Vanguard Total International Stock on 9/25/18, is it ok to pull the trigger on 10/26/18?

Not sure if 9/25 counts as a one of the 30 days.

Safer to wait until Monday 10/29/18?

#159916 Reply
     jacoavlu 

Please clarify. You want to sell vanguard total Intl? Or buy back in?

You can sell to TLH any time. Same day if you like. But don’t keep, or buy, replacement shares.

Also, it’s 30 days before. Get calendar. Day before sell is 1. So is day after. Count back to 30, and forward. That’s the 61 day window.

The Finance Buff's solo 401k contribution spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/6cZKVA

#159921 Reply
    Liked by Tom Kazansky
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

yeah I’m on to fourth-order TLH partners at this point, having to get creative

Click to expand…

Me too. I was going to wait another week with international, but I might have to go to an ETF like iShares. It’s a pretty big loss not to harvest it right now.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#159925 Reply
    Tom Kazansky Tom Kazansky 
    Participant

Spouse had Vanguard Total International dividends reinvested in her Roth and taxable accounts on 9/25/18.

I have VXUS in taxable, with a purchase as recent as 10/4/18.

Plan is to sell ALL of VXUS, and spouse’s taxable lots that are at a loss, but currently waiting until 30 days after 9/25/18 (avoiding complications with the Roth?)

Then purchasing Vanguard All World (VEU).

#159927 Reply
     jacoavlu 

VXUS-> IXUS-> VEA+VWO-> VT (as some VTI lots are getting close to TLH territory)

shamelessly emailed my E*TRADE guy today to request refund of short term trading fees

#159928 Reply
     jacoavlu 

Spouse had Vanguard Total International dividends reinvested in her Roth and taxable accounts on 9/25/18.

I have VXUS in taxable, with a purchase as recent as 10/4/18.

Plan is to sell ALL of VXUS, and spouse’s taxable lots that are at a loss, but currently waiting until 30 days after 9/25/18 (avoiding complications with the Roth?)

Then purchasing Vanguard All World (VEU).

Click to expand…

Good plan. You can buy 10/26.

#159929 Reply
    Liked by Tom Kazansky
     childay 
    Participant

Harvested some more international today

IEFA –> VXUS

#172035 Reply
    Lithium Lithium 
    Participant

I’m not TLH’ing very large sums but I’m getting to the point that I’m able to fix some sub-optimal asset location decisions I made a while back.

I bought international small-cap in taxable (which is actually about the worst thing you can buy in taxable after taxable bonds and REITS) as recently as two years ago and will finally be able to sell off a few shares.  First though I have to move them to Merrill Edge where I can trade them without commissions.  Hopefully they won’t rebound before the transfer goes through.  It would be a trivial win if I can dodge the massive annual dividend for a few shares of SCHC.

#172041 Reply
     jacoavlu 

yep, things are back to about where they were 6 weeks ago which has allowed me to swap back to holdings I prefer, rather than the tertiary and quaternary (is that the right word?) holdings I ended up on after several rounds of harvesting losses in a fairly short window

#172045 Reply
     childay 
    Participant

yep, things are back to about where they were 6 weeks ago which has allowed me to swap back to holdings I prefer, rather than the tertiary and quaternary (is that the right word?) holdings I ended up on after several rounds of harvesting losses in a fairly short window

Click to expand…

Sounds like we are on the same cycle

#172046 Reply

Reply To: PSA: It's another good day to TLH international

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear