Menu

PSA: It's another good day to TLH international

Home General Investing PSA: It's another good day to TLH international

•  jacoavlu 

International markets off over 2% today, on top of the drop late last week. I just exchanged IXUS for VXUS, after doing the reverse back in June.

The Finance Buff's solo 401k contribution spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/6cZKVA

#144065 Reply
    Liked by childay, ADCS, Zaphod
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Also if you own TSLA as an individual stock or long option, it might be time to assess your risk tolerance.

#144068 Reply
    Liked by hatton1
     childay 
    Participant

VXUS to VEU, thanks for the heads up

#144231 Reply
    Liked by jacoavlu
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

I did some today, mostly rearranging and simplifying some emerging markets positions. Thanks for the nudge.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#144232 Reply
     jacoavlu 

International markets off over 2% today, on top of the drop late last week. I just exchanged IXUS for VXUS, after doing the reverse back in June.

Click to expand…

International markets off over 2% 1.5% today, on top of the drop late last week. I just exchanged IXUS for VXUS VXUS for IXUS, after doing the reverse back in June August.

#156202 Reply
     Peds 
    Participant

next TLH day is next month. well see if its still there.

#156204 Reply
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

Click to expand…

International markets off over 2% 1.5% today, on top of the drop late last week. I just exchanged IXUS for VXUS VXUS for IXUS, after doing the reverse back in June August.

Click to expand…

Arrgh, just did it yesterday for the second time in a month. Currently in 79% developed markets and 21% emerging markets, already been in the FTSE fund and the TISM fund. I guess I could go Europe/Pacific/EM Select….or just wait a couple of weeks and hope the rebound isn’t too fast.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#156206 Reply
     jacoavlu 

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Arrgh, just did it yesterday for the second time in a month. Currently in 79% developed markets and 21% emerging markets, already been in the FTSE fund and the TISM fund. I guess I could go Europe/Pacific/EM Select….or just wait a couple of weeks and hope the rebound isn’t too fast.

Click to expand…

IXUS is total international but not substantially identical to Vanguard total international (different indices).

Also, SCHF and VEA are not substantially identical in that both follow an FTSE Developed ex US index but VEA follows the all cap index while SCHF doesn’t have small caps (add SCHC if you want small caps).

#156208 Reply
    Miss Bonnie MD Miss Bonnie MD 
    Participant

I need to learn how to TLH!

“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. (S)he who understands it, earns it ... (s)he who doesn't ... pays it.”

http://missbonniemd.com

#156211 Reply
    Tom Kazansky Tom Kazansky 
    Participant

Me too!

#156213 Reply
    DMFA DMFA 

Lots of good days to TLH lately, esp int’l. I mean, we knew they wouldn’t continue their near-40% clip, esp EM, but yikes.

"I like money." - Frito Pendejo (Idiocracy)

[Not a financial professional (yet), lawyer, or employee of The White Coat Investor]

#156214 Reply
     jacoavlu 

Click to expand…

Me too!

Click to expand…

well what are you waiting for?

step 1: sell all of what you have now

step 2: use proceeds from step 1 to buy a similar but not substantially identical fund

any questions?

#156215 Reply
     Peds 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Me too!

Click to expand…

step 2: use proceeds from step 1 to buy a similar but not substantially identical fund

any questions?

Click to expand…

Even easier: 1- sell everything with a loss. 2- do nothing for 31 days. 3- buy back.

In case finding partners is too much…

#156216 Reply
     jacoavlu 

Click to expand…

Me too!

Click to expand…

any questions?

Click to expand…

Even easier: 1- sell everything with a loss. 2- do nothing for 31 days. 3- buy back.

In case finding partners is too much…

Click to expand…

finding a fund to buy back in is just as easy as counting to 31 days  😉

#156217 Reply
    Liked by Peds
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

Thanks again for the nudge. Just cashed in over $1000 in ST losses. Now, I am going to take a nap.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#156222 Reply

Reply To: PSA: It's another good day to TLH international

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear