Menu

Poison Ivy

Home The Lounge Poison Ivy

• djohnflatfeecfp djohnflatfeecfp 
    Participant
    Status: Financial Advisor, Website Sponsor, Small Business Owner

I picked up poison ivy again and am reminded how much I hate it.  The worst part is I have no idea where I was exposed.  I never had a problem with poison ivy until I turned 40.  My now retired primary care physician laughed when I first had a reaction and said “Welcome to middle age!”

Accumulate Wealth, Not Fees - http://forwardthinkingwm.com/
    Daniel P. Johnson, CFP - [email protected]

#245026 Reply
    Participant

At least you only got the sap on your skin.  The very worst cases happen when someone unknowingly burns the plant and breathes in the smoke.  YIKES!

Repeat after me, class:  “Leaflets three, let it be.  Berries white, poisonous sight.”

#245108 Reply
    legobikes legobikes 
    Participant

We have a lot of poison oak around here, which I only found out after traipsing through brush for a couple of years. Apparently I don’t react.

#245122 Reply
    uptoolate uptoolate 
    Participant

It was a massive poison ivy year where our cottage is. Have never seen so much. So far, DW and I are apparently not sensitive but we still give it a wide birth.

#245158 Reply
    Participant

Technu poison ivy wash /scrub is worth it if you are sensitive. It washed away the oils instead of just spreading them around

#245209 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

Leaves of three, let it be.  Leaves of four, eat some more.

#245222 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

I picked up poison ivy again and am reminded how much I hate it.  The worst part is I have no idea where I was exposed.  I never had a problem with poison ivy until I turned 40.  My now retired primary care physician laughed when I first had a reaction and said “Welcome to middle age!”

Click to expand…

Exact same thing happened to me. I could roll in it growing up then one year in my late 30s, I came home from picking blackberries with a horrible case. Had no idea what it was until mom, who had horrible reactions, “diagnosed” it.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#245223 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

I cannot tell you how many people call and expect us to send Prednisone in because they have a rash they feel is poison ivy.   People get mad when I make them come in for a visit but more then a few times it turns out to be something else. Cellulitis, fungal, etc.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#245224 Reply

Reply To: Poison Ivy

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear