Menu

Personal Capital

Home Financial Advisors Personal Capital

Participant

I just finished my phone conversation with the Personal Capital advisor/salesman. It was very informative and quite convincing.

Click to expand…

Hook, line and …….

#180201 Reply
    Liked by wonka31
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant

I like the graphics and ignore the sales calls.  I do not know anyone from California so it is easy to not answer.

#180373 Reply
    Liked by Kamban
    Participant
    But, honest question, why even bother to use PC for tracking at all? Given the number of recent comments on their aggressive sales behavior, it seems to me the squeeze isn’t worth the juice. 

Click to expand…

I spend about $70-100 every 3 years for Quicken and it not only keeps tracks of all my investments and spending it also helps me tremendously during tax time. The $33/year is well worth avoiding ads and cold calls.

Click to expand…

I recently signed up for the PC account but have not had the follow up session, and probably dont plan to. But I also use Quicken to track things and though I like quicken, I have had trouble over the years with imported data coming up with the wrong category/name/etc, connectivity problems, etc, that I dont see how I could use it reliably for a full overview. Do you not run into any of those Quicken problems? if not, please tell me some tricks! 🙂

#180638 Reply
    Participant
    Disability Insurance

When they called years ago Fatlittlepig politely inquired to them if I could use their app without getting the phone calls. They said yes and put me on do not call list. Never heard back again. U should try it.

#180640 Reply
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant
    But, honest question, why even bother to use PC for tracking at all? Given the number of recent comments on their aggressive sales behavior, it seems to me the squeeze isn’t worth the juice. 

Click to expand…

I spend about $70-100 every 3 years for Quicken and it not only keeps tracks of all my investments and spending it also helps me tremendously during tax time. The $33/year is well worth avoiding ads and cold calls.

Click to expand…

I recently signed up for the PC account but have not had the follow up session, and probably dont plan to. But I also use Quicken to track things and though I like quicken, I have had trouble over the years with imported data coming up with the wrong category/name/etc, connectivity problems, etc, that I dont see how I could use it reliably for a full overview. Do you not run into any of those Quicken problems? if not, please tell me some tricks! ?

Click to expand…

I have had problems with quicken in the last year after using it for 20 years.

#180684 Reply
    Participant

I have had trouble over the years with imported data coming up with the wrong category/name/etc, connectivity problems, etc, that I dont see how I could use it reliably for a full overview. Do you not run into any of those Quicken problems? if not, please tell me some tricks!

Click to expand…

What I have found is not to allow the imported data to be entered directly into the ledger. I have it imported so that it is in the bottom of the screen and later I allow each one to be accepted after scrutinizing it. At that time I might make the changes to the payor name or category or memo field before it is saved in the account ledger.

For eg: It might say Wal-Mart as the Payor and say household items in the category but if I got auto items I will change the category to auto. If I used the pharmacy I change it to medicine. So at the end of the year the categories are calculated the right way. Obviously if I got multiple category items in one bill that, I can’t use this method but then I choose the dominant category. Or do a split and have multiple categories under that one item bill. I find myself changing between office items and home items and gasoline when Costco gets downloaded. Having a paper statement, and sometimes the paper bill, helps.

On many occasions I enter the item at the time of purchase, say batteries or phone case from Amazon. When the download occurs in Quicken all I do is to match that download with the item previously entered in the ledger and hit Accept. At first it was a bit of a learning process for me but now I can do that without any effort at all. I do all this once a week and the effort really pays off in Jan-Feb when I have print a itemized transaction report for the previous year.

#180975 Reply

Reply To: Personal Capital

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear