Menu

personal capital

Home Financial Advisors personal capital

• Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant

So I have been putting off “free” consultation call with personal capital for several months now.  I just made and appointment for next week to talk to my advisor.  Of course I realize they are going to try to sell me the advising service.  I am not interested.  The fee is a ridiculous 0.89% AUM.  Does anyone have any experience talking with them?  I know I have heard a few other people who use the free services.  Is this worth my 20 minutes?

Thank you for the help and comments!

#172316 Reply
    White.Beard.Doc White.Beard.Doc 
    Participant

Don’t waste your time.

Unless you like the freebies offered if you agree to give an hour to view a time share, and you don’t mind when it becomes 3 hours.

Plain and simple this is a sales pitch.

#172336 Reply
    Hank Hank 

You’ve wasted more than 20 minutes of your time already dodging this sales pitch. Politely tell them to lose your number.

#172340 Reply
    Liked by snowcanyon
    Participant

I deleted my account because I couldn’t stand the constant calls, some of which were pressured.

#172394 Reply
    Liked by snowcanyon
    Lithium Lithium 
    Participant

Block their numbers.  I try not to answer calls from numbers I do not recognize regardless, but theirs always came from San Francisco, area code 415.  It took 2-3 years before they finally gave up.

Now if only I could get the locums recruiters from Florida to knock it off…

#172403 Reply
    Liked by hatton1, Peds
    Participant

Literally why…..?

#172478 Reply
    Liked by adventure
    Participant

I changed the phone number in my profile to a google hangouts/voice # that I never use. Problem solved!

#172578 Reply
    Participant

Yeah, I listened to them because I was curious.  It was a waste of time.  Basically they try to sell you on the idea that you need to be diversified equally amongst the different sectors of the economy and that a total stock market index fund is too heavily weighted towards the large tech and financial companies.   I don’t know how to judge their concept.  But I’m sure it’s not worth the 0.89% fee.

#172583 Reply
    Liked by snowcanyon
    Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant

This was the response I expected.
    Truthfully the only thing I was hoping to gain was possibly being able to use the platform better. I do like the tracking software and I do find it helpful but there is of course room for improvement.
    I have heard that they try to balance sectors. That is the stupidest thing I have ever. And I will let them know if they suggest it.
    I will report back if I do find any value.
    Thanks

#172599 Reply
    Participant

I finally heard them out one day after unrelenting phone calls. The guy was rather aggressive and confrontational regarding why my current investments were inappropriate. Finally ended the conversation telling him we need to agree to disagree.

#172609 Reply
    Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant

I finally heard them out one day after unrelenting phone calls. The guy was rather aggressive and confrontational regarding why my current investments were inappropriate. Finally ended the conversation telling him we need to agree to disagree.

Click to expand…

Well that is great to look forward too.  Thanks for the warning.

#172995 Reply
    Liked by adventure
    Participant

Literally why…..?

Click to expand…

#173456 Reply
    Participant

Short answer, don’t let them get their foot in the door. I listened to them once. Once they get that call it’s non-stop. They finally stopped calling after two months of me not answering, but I still get the occasional call (which I still ignore). They really don’t discuss how to use the app platform, it’s all about how to move all your accounts over to them so they can charge you. If we were going to pay that much I would want someone to meet face to face, not some occasional phone call from two states away.

#173641 Reply
    Liked by snowcanyon
    Participant

The easy solution is to do what one poster mentioned above.

1. Go into your profile on Personal Capital
    2. Change your phone number

I’m very thankful for their website, but don’t waste your time talking with one of their advisors (aka sales people).

#173644 Reply
    Molar Mechanic Molar Mechanic 
    Participant

This is bad advice.  They use two-factor identification and you need to be able to get a text to login from a different computer than usual or after a prolonged time since login.

#173646 Reply
    Liked by AZPT

Reply To: personal capital

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear