Menu

Part Time Salary

Home Practice Management Part Time Salary

Participant

I am in the process of negotiating a salary for part time employment as an OB/Gyn.  I was having a hard time finding resources to review what an appropriate wage would be.  Any guidance on where to look.

#197320 Reply
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

There are a lot of things that go into determining what a reasonable salary would be. There are several companies that produce information for various medical specialties but that information is typically not free. Have you checked with ACOG to see what kind of resources they have?

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#197361 Reply
    Participant

I don’t know what is normal in ob but I’m psych. I’ve worked anywhere from 0.25-0.75 FTE. I just get compensation equivalent to my FTE ( not RVU based, we are salaried). They don’t give full time benefits unless you are 0.75 FTE or higher but I got contributions to my 401a at 0.5 FTE and higher. I’m in an academic outpatient setting.

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you!

#197373 Reply
    Participant

I don’t know what is normal in ob but I’m psych. I’ve worked anywhere from 0.25-0.75 FTE. I just get compensation equivalent to my FTE ( not RVU based, we are salaried). They don’t give full time benefits unless you are 0.75 FTE or higher but I got contributions to my 401a at 0.5 FTE and higher. I’m in an academic outpatient setting.

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you!

Click to expand…

This and several of the hospitals in my area do offer benefits with 0.5FTE although you pay a bit more than a full time employee. Regarding the actual going rates your peers would be the best source.

#197379 Reply
    Participant

You have friends that are OBs, right? I’d talk with them first.
    You have mentors or acquaintances from training/prior work, no? Try them next.
    You have access to the internet, presumably? A quick search will probably get you in the ballpark for your market.

#197382 Reply

Reply To: Part Time Salary

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear