One of my favorite days

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting One of my favorite days

Participant

mike previously confirmed 17.65 years.

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=140159

#206071 Reply
    Liked by G
    Participant

Geez! Sometimes you folks make me jealous. I will not hit that until November. Maaaaybe late October since I got a nice bonus and a 10% raise.

VP of Shoreside Operations for an inland marine company. Husband to an A/I Physician.

#206092 Reply
    Participant

Geez! Sometimes you folks make me jealous. I will not hit that until November. Maaaaybe late October since I got a nice bonus and a 10% raise.

Click to expand…

Wiz,

Don’t feel jealous. We get a bit of inconvenience pay for standing in or getting sprayed with our client’s poo/pee/blood/vomit/sputum. And we have to do it with a smile on our face to keep those Press Gainey scores coming.

#206160 Reply
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant

The first time that happened to me I thought it was a mistake.  I went so many years as a practice owner with no W2 income that I had not thought about it for for many years.  Now that I am a W2 employee again but only 3 days per week I have not seen it yet.

#206171 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

Agreed, there’s something mentally exhilarating about not paying that extra OASDI for about eight months.

#206201 Reply
    Liked by HikingDO
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

To those switching jobs you can give your wage/tax statements from the previous employer to the new employer so they know when to stop withholding SS tax. Better than an interest free loan.

#206203 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod, ZZZ, Lordosis
    Participant

Next milestone is maxing out 403b, although at a 5% per month contribution rate thats still a few months away. Just in time to pay for Christmas shopping 🙂

#206301 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

I hope you made sure that you get your full match.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#206305 Reply
    Participant

Gvs, I do it the other way around. Max 403b in February. Finish SS in spring. Spouse finishes 403b in October. So our take home goes up in Feb, April, and October every year. Then January goes back down.

#206312 Reply
    Liked by SLC OB

Reply To: One of my favorite days

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear