Menu

New Car Lease delivered to your door

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting New Car Lease delivered to your door

Participant

My friends got me involved with a leasing opportunity.  Pretty much always gets best deal on a car, and the car is delivered right to your door.  No hassles, no visiting multiple dealers.  Pretty straight forward to use and you speak to a person.  Nice for professionals.  Happy to connect anyone.

#235970 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

Welcome to the forum – I almost didn’t approve this as a first post, though. Kind of atypical to promote a service as an introduction but I realize you may be trying to help your colleagues. Would you mind telling us a little about yourself? Sorry if this sounds harsh – we get so many promotion gimmicks that don’t make it through screening and just want a little verification that I made the right call.

Thanks and, again, welcome!

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#235976 Reply

Wow amazing hooray get out bonkers…….

So your friend gets you then you get someone else or what?

@jfox would rather you block, get confirmation, then allow…..

#235978 Reply
    Liked by snowcanyon
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

Weird first post. Know anyone that sells whole life insurance, too?

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#235982 Reply
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

Taking the OP at face value, a doc looking to help other docs out with their automobile acquisitions, this is the wrong crowd here for that sort of deal. We advocate buying affordable cars with cash and keeping them for a long time, thereby minimizing the number of automobile transactions, as part of one’s wealth accumulation strategy. Leasing cars is rarely a better alternative.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#235988 Reply
    Participant

Leasing comes with a cost. Actually I am aware of one company that will completely disclose it. Most don’t.
    The convenience factor is overplayed. The real benefit is IF you have a fixed need, you can tailor the miles and residual value. Commission and interest will cost you on top of the normal depreciation costs.
    Rarely appropriate.

#235989 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

Hey, guys, with all due respect, I don’t see any need to get snarky yet. I’m certainly not going to block first and ask questions later unless I see a need to, and I didn’t (personally) see a need in this instance. Possible this is a physician who just found this site, read a few posts, and wasn’t aware of the strong anti-lease bias. Not much of a welcome for a newbie.

To be fair, many of our clients choose to lease for many reasons, not the least of which is convenience, and I would bet good money that many readers of this forum do the same and they’re not going down the drain as a result. Some of our clients actually (gasp) fly first class! I’m not going to give anyone grief over such spending unless their finances and habits are not setting them on track to reach their lifetime goals.

If it’s important to you to lease for convenience, your brother owns the company, or whatever other reason and your spending/saving habits are in order, I say go for it.

Now, if this is an impostor, then it’s a deep 6, but that won’t change my mind about what I’ve just said.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#236019 Reply
    Participant

I don’t think it’s so much the lease that’s the issue, but rather, “Pretty much always gets best deal on a car,”

Let me guess, he always wins money in Vegas, too.

#236022 Reply

Reply To: New Car Lease delivered to your door

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear