Menu

Nashville Meet Up Thread

Home The Lounge Nashville Meet Up Thread

Participant

Nashville is too hot & humid in September so I vote November or December.

#229890 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

What does Nashville have going on in mid December? Outdoors stuff probably out, but any Christmas themed stuff that kids might enjoy? Could probably make 12/14 weekend.

#230063 Reply
    Participant

Gaylord Opryland Hotel has a Christmas light thing, the Rockettes have an ice skating show, probably something happening on the Grand Old Opry & Broadway. maybe some other concerts, predators games, etc. presuming the symphony is playing the nutcracker, etc.

#230075 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant
    #230124 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

I’m up for the 12/14 weekend.  Looks like Nashville has plenty to do in December.  If people are seriously interested we should probably come to a decision soon.  The Titans and Texans play in Nashville that Sunday at 1pm.  Both could be good this year and may be a big game with lots of booked hotels.

#230154 Reply
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

The Boss approves 12/14.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#230173 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

I can be there 12/14. If we’re going to a nice restaurant, we need to reserve a room EARLY. Doubt I’ll go further than the partridge on the bar crawl.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#230190 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    Participant

You need to bring your Santa suits.

#230191 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp
    Participant

12/14 sounds good to me.  I will also bring el jefe.  I’ve actually never been to Nashville despite it being relatively close–I’m excited!

#230205 Reply
    EJ at Dads, Dollars, and Debts EJ at Dads, Dollars, and Debts 
    Participant

Seems like 12/14 it is….what were we thinking, just a nice dinner somewhere? Multiple events? We would need a head count. I have not gone through the thread to see who is in, but that is the next step.

Regarding kids:

Also, there is always a ICE show at Opryland Hotel which is fun (albeit short) for kids. Basically they are book characters (like the Grinch) made out of ice sculptures. Also they have the Christmas decorations in the hotel. If you stay there for a night, you can also book the new SPLASH indoor water park that is supposed to be pretty good.  Nashville also has the Adventure Science Center (indoor) and the Nashville Zoo (outdoor) for kids. If the kids like Art, the Frist Museum has a nice kids area where they can do their own projects.

- EJ @ DollarsandDebts.com

Cardiologist. Trying to help dads with personal finance so they can focus on the frest of life. Blogger at DollarsandDebts.com

#230217 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

When we get a little closer, I can check with my kids (actually my DILs) who live there and are also into kids’ activities (my grandkids 🥰) for December. I’m sure there will be many activities and the girls will be happy to offer help.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#230230 Reply
    Liked by ENT Doc
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Colder weather will be better for nashville hot chicken as well. Had some 2 weeks ago and it was so hot I couldnt tell if it was spice, temperature or both.

Have only been there a few times for airport stuffs, but seems like a fun town, reminds me of Austin.

#230248 Reply
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant

i should be able to go.  A short drive.  I am interested in meeting the posters.

#230300 Reply
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

So 12/14 in Nashville it is!

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#230352 Reply
    EJ at Dads, Dollars, and Debts EJ at Dads, Dollars, and Debts 
    Participant

Ok, maybe send me a direct message if you are 80% sure you will come to this event. I can get a name (forum name is fine) and head count. Then we have to decide what price range of a place we want for dinner….

- EJ @ DollarsandDebts.com

Cardiologist. Trying to help dads with personal finance so they can focus on the frest of life. Blogger at DollarsandDebts.com

#230411 Reply

Reply To: Nashville Meet Up Thread

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear