Menu

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Home The Lounge Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Participant

Question: Do you get your wife and mother of your children anything? I always get asked that by the nurses at hospital when I make rounds on MD. I usually reply that she is not my mother (though I do get her a card and take her to lunch).

#214000 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

Question: Do you get your wife and mother of your children anything? I always get asked that by the nurses at hospital when I make rounds on MD. I usually reply that she is not my mother (though I do get her a card and take her to lunch).

Click to expand…

Lol, that was always my father’s line of thinking, but he always expected my mom to take care of his mother’s present and fix her dinner. We laugh about it now (he passed many years ago) but it wasn’t really fair. I’m glad you get her a card and take her out to lunch – I’m sure she deserves it! I would be sure to let the nurses know that you do step up and acknowledge her incredible sacrifice in bearing and raising your children. They’ll love you for it.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#214030 Reply
    Participant

Ykor, my husband feels similarly 🙂 But he makes sure my boys make me a card, which is all I really want! My now 11 yo is getting better at picking out a small gift I will actually like, rather than what he wants. This year it was a hanging strawberry plant. Previous years were water guns, his favorite candy, etc. Makes me laugh to think back on it!

#214064 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp, Anne, Tim
    Participant

I had my 2 lazy boys wash mom’s car, for the first time.  She was in tears with joy.  Somethings money can’t buy.

#214173 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp
    Participant

It’s silly, but the pattern that works best with my wife. Make an effort an leave some wiggle room.
    1) Brunch
    2) Then a trip to pick up her present, this year a mixer.

Tried to make reservations, ended up told it was 1.5 hr wait. She picked another place.

Macy’s, Target or Sam’s Club? A hand mixer is $39 and you can spend up to $$$. Target stopped @ $299. Which color or stainless? She finally settled on $199 (stainless was $100 less). At the checkout, had to go back. Debating between the $39 hand mixer (her current one doesn’t have enough power). Nope!
    Both kids called while we were out.

She got exactly what she wanted and always put it off as a want not a need. One happy Mom that felt appreciated more than opening a box. The journey was kind of planned, but the wiggle room made it special.

I got a tray of blueberry muffins out of it. A sure sign of contentment. Life is good!

#214179 Reply
    Liked by Tim, jfoxcpacfp
    Participant
    Do you get your wife and mother of your children anything?

Click to expand…

Do you get anything for father’s day?

(((Really think about who planned/prepared the gift from your kids to you…..)))

#214191 Reply
    Liked by Tim

Reply To: Mother's Day Gift Ideas

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear