Menu

Mortgage Offer, Accept?

Home Real Estate Investing Mortgage Offer, Accept?

• Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

What’s the earnest deposit amount?

Click to expand…

Just 2%

#196671 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    Participant

I would do it just for the “cool” factor and bragging rights.

#196673 Reply
    portlandia portlandia 
    Participant

The other offers were someone contingent on sale and their house had been on market for almost a month I think, so no go. The other was someone who came in with a low ball offer and wanted me to pay closing. Both of those were on day 2 on the market, this one came day 4. I thought I priced it a smidge high, but its had an incredible amount of interest online and in person…so Im thinking maybe not? Friday will be one week. I was gonna drop the price by next week if we didnt have a solid offer.

I agree the offer makes me feel red flags..their agent thinks it will be no problem and is “just looking out”, and given that he isnt a starter and was a two way player (housing is covered, etc..) and this is only his second year the minimal credit history, etc…does make sense a bit. I am trying to learn all about the sportzballz rn.

Click to expand…

The realtor’s answer doesn’t give me any more confidence and I’m not surprised she doesn’t feel this ask to be a problem. If she disclosed that she had reservations about her client closing the deal, it could be argued that she is not acting as a fiduciary. How does a 90 day close affect his minimal credit history? It’s not like his credit is going to get any better in 3 months. Also, how much more secure will his job as a marginal NBA player be in 3 months vs. today? I assume that his contract is guaranteed for the rest of the season at this point? I would want answers to these questions from the realtor that are easily digestable, not some vague references about “just looking out” for a guy who isn’t a starter, etc.

#196674 Reply
    Liked by octopus85
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Just 2%

Click to expand…

2% does not seem like enough. 5% with no contingencies sounds better. 10% sounds even better. I have not bought/sold a house for many years (20 years, this month, to be exact), so I might be out of touch.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#196683 Reply
    White.Beard.Doc White.Beard.Doc 
    Participant

2% is way too little.  In this area, 10% is the standard deposit.  I would say that the long wait to close requires him to show how serious he is.  10% earnest money with a carefully written contract with no contingencies and I would go ahead with the deal. That means he is extremely likely to close, and if not, he pays you for your trouble with the 10%.

#196688 Reply
    portlandia portlandia 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Just 2%

Click to expand…

Yikes. 2% earnest and 90 day close screams not a serious buyer. He needs to convince you otherwise with a big fat non refundable deposit.

#196691 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

In our area 1k is pretty standard for earnest money. I dont think I’ve spent more than 3-5k on a deposit. Just not how they do it. Just put an earnest check in for somewhere else at sub 1% for 1k myself.

#196692 Reply
    White.Beard.Doc White.Beard.Doc 
    Participant

Well, a small deposit may be standard in your area, but a very long interval to close is not standard.  Therefore a big earnest money deposit is called for in this situation.

#196694 Reply
    Participant

Just don’t do owner financing.

#196696 Reply
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Just don’t do owner financing.

Click to expand…

lol

#196697 Reply
    Participant

Are you ditching CA?? Or just moving to another area? I think I somehow missed that you were moving. New job as well?

#196701 Reply
    Liked by SLC OB
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

Lebron James has the cash, tell him to pony up.

#196702 Reply
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

Lebron James has the cash, tell him to pony up.

Click to expand…

Close, wrong LA team.

#196708 Reply
    Liked by adventure
    Participant
    Are you ditching CA?? Or just moving to another area? I think I somehow missed that you were moving. New job as well?

Click to expand…

Exactly what I was thinking!

#196712 Reply
    SerrateAndDominate SerrateAndDominate 
    Participant

Too bad it isn’t Boban. Love that guy

Earn everything.

#196716 Reply

Reply To: Mortgage Offer, Accept?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear