Menu

Morning Routine

Home The Lounge Morning Routine

• Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant

Alarm goes off at 6:30am, hit snooze, goes off again at 6:38, hit snooze, goes off again at 6:46, turn off alarm. Quick shower, brush teeth, get dressed, grab my Greek yogurt, blueberries, and diet Pepsi, and head to work. get there around 7:10am (2 minute drive), and start seeing patients

Click to expand…

Dude, there must be something you can transition to from diet pepsi.

Click to expand…

I have met a few of the diet Pepsi fanatics in my days.  You cannot convince these people.  Do not try.   😛

#181640 Reply
    Liked by Kamban, HikingDO
    Participant

0600 Wake up

0610 Let dogs out, feed dogs

0620 Elliptical in basement for 35-40m

0700 Shower

0715 Breakfast, same thing every weekday and weekend morning I’m home, cup of steel cut oatmeal with walnuts, whey protein powder, cinnamon and flax milk.

Somewhere in here help wife get the kids up and fed and dressed.

0745 Leave for hosp

0815 Arrive at hosp

0900 First scheduled procedure

#181686 Reply
    Participant

Alarm goes off at 6:30am, hit snooze, goes off again at 6:38, hit snooze, goes off again at 6:46, turn off alarm. Quick shower, brush teeth, get dressed, grab my Greek yogurt, blueberries, and diet Pepsi, and head to work. get there around 7:10am (2 minute drive), and start seeing patients

Click to expand…

Dude, there must be something you can transition to from diet pepsi.

Click to expand…

I have met a few of the diet Pepsi fanatics in my days.  You cannot convince these people.  Do not try.   

Click to expand…

It’s true, diet Pepsi is my crack, I would need serious and lengthy rehab to even consider quitting!:)

#181698 Reply
    Participant

Mine is pretty standard, except not sure how many of you all string tennis rackets before you leave for work……

0515: wake up/shower

0530: coffee/feed & walk dogs

0545: check my emails and social medial. more coffee.  make lists. …basically admin/chore stuff at home (pay bills, banking, laundry, empty dishwasher, vacuum)….

OTD varies between 6:20-7:30.  stop at Starbucks on way to work

i have to work out in the late afternoon/early evening.  i tried to work out in am before work and it just screws me up.

if my kid is home i generally string a tennis racquet every morning .. i did one every day when he was home over holiday break.  i can do a racquet in less than 30 minutes. it is the one thing that he is away at school now makes my morning less hectic to get a racket done.  Kid can string too and will string one in the evening if he breaks more than one/day. My husband can string too…it’s a group effort, but we (me) mostly string in the am.

#181704 Reply
    IlliniGopher IlliniGopher 
    Participant

Basketball 0530-7 twice a week. All other days, hustle to get the toddler to daycare.

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Teddy Roosevelt

#181713 Reply
    Liked by dayman, Zaphod
    Participant

620- wake

630-shower

645-kids breakfast and dress them

715- dress

725- leave house, preschool drop off

740- start at office

8 first pt in room

try to swim after work 3 days a week and on weekends as much as possible

#181806 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Basketball 0530-7 twice a week. All other days, hustle to get the toddler to daycare.

Click to expand…

Been thinking I would love to get back into basketball for a fitness activity lately. So fun.

#181814 Reply
    Liked by IlliniGopher
    Participant

Not a morning person. Try to wake up 45 mins before my first patient.

With regards to home gym: highly recommend Rogue fitness equipment. i got a weight rack/olympic barbell from Rogue and rubber plates from Vulcan. Been using home gym atleast 3-4 times a week for the last 2 yrs. Worth the investment. Never developed a good stretching routine so joined a yoga studio recently to complement weight training, love it.

#181827 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

I wake up, fall out of bed
    Drag a comb across my head
    Find my way downstairs and drink a cup
    And look up and notice I am late

Find my coat and grab my hat
    Make the bus in seconds flat
    Find my way upstairs and have a smoke
    And somebody speaks and I go into a dream

#181911 Reply
    Liked by CM, Dreamgiver, Zaphod
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

Mine is pretty standard, except not sure how many of you all string tennis rackets before you leave for work……

0515: wake up/shower

0530: coffee/feed & walk dogs

0545: check my emails and social medial. more coffee.  make lists. …basically admin/chore stuff at home (pay bills, banking, laundry, empty dishwasher, vacuum)….

OTD varies between 6:20-7:30.  stop at Starbucks on way to work

i have to work out in the late afternoon/early evening.  i tried to work out in am before work and it just screws me up.

if my kid is home i generally string a tennis racquet every morning .. i did one every day when he was home over holiday break.  i can do a racquet in less than 30 minutes. it is the one thing that he is away at school now makes my morning less hectic to get a racket done.  Kid can string too and will string one in the evening if he breaks more than one/day. My husband can string too…it’s a group effort, but we (me) mostly string in the am.

Click to expand…

Why in the world would you need to string a racquet every day.

#181921 Reply
    Participant

Click to expand…

Been thinking I would love to get back into basketball for a fitness activity lately. So fun.

Click to expand…

It’s great. So much more fun than running. I’ve been playing at least 1-2x weekly since I was ten years old or so. One of the games I play in has guys in their 50s, so definitely something you can keep up with age if you take care of yourself.

I have never been able to consistently rise for a morning game though.

#181931 Reply
    Participant

Click to expand…

Because you can’t play tennis with broken strings.

it is just more convenient (and cheaper) to have our own stringing machine. It costs about $15-20 to pay someone to string a racquet….so the machine has paid for itself and then some…and now it is part of morning routine when kid is home. (and previously all during high school etc)  it’s not too bad…I can sit my coffee cup on top once i have the mains (the vertical strings) all done……

#181941 Reply
    Liked by WCInovice
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

You break strings frequently enough to require stringing every day?
    I played tennis for years, rarely ever broke strings. Maybe you are Agassi.

#181959 Reply
    Participant

Click to expand…

Because you can’t play tennis with broken strings.

it is just more convenient (and cheaper) to have our own stringing machine. It costs about $15-20 to pay someone to string a racquet….so the machine has paid for itself and then some…and now it is part of morning routine when kid is home. (and previously all during high school etc)  it’s not too bad…I can sit my coffee cup on top once i have the mains (the vertical strings) all done……

Click to expand…

Good for you. My poor dad strung so many rackets for me.  We had a ~$300 machine but it went everywhere with us and paid itself off many times over.  He could do a racket in about 30 minutes.  It always took me closer to an hour and a half though (I was terrible).

Your son/daughter must be a good player or have a big topspin forehand.   At my peak (division 1 level) I was breaking a string every ~2 sets.  For cost and convenience for practice/”non important” matches I’d play with cheaper/more durable stuff, but the good stuff feels great but doesn’t last.

#182017 Reply
    Liked by bean1970
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

It’s great. So much more fun than running. I’ve been playing at least 1-2x weekly since I was ten years old or so. One of the games I play in has guys in their 50s, so definitely something you can keep up with age if you take care of yourself.

I have never been able to consistently rise for a morning game though.

Click to expand…

Ha, well I looked into the city league here and they had 930 pm games and I was like…well, thats bed time, couldnt handle that. I am going to look to join something as soon as possible, just seems fun. Used to play all the time, been a while now.

#182038 Reply
    Liked by dayman

Reply To: Morning Routine

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear