Menu

Morning Routine

Home The Lounge Morning Routine

Participant

Current regimen
    5am – wake up with wife
    5-6 – drink coffee, read, wait for coffee to kick in
    6 – 2 years ago it started out as a peanut butter blueberry smoothie. It has evolved into an odd combo of healthy stuff that still tastes good.
    – milk, frozen berries, frozen bananas, peanut butter, broccoli sprouts, kale powder, protein powder, matcha green tea, cinnamon, dash of turmeric
    6:15 – shower
    6:40 – head to work

Occasionally throw in morning gym time between 5 and 6 but I don’t have kids so usually workout after work.

#181132 Reply
    Participant

CM,

I’m usually in bed around 9:00. I normally go to sleep before 10. I’m good with 5-6 hrs sleep. My goal is at least 6 hrs sleep each night.

#181143 Reply
    Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant

My alarm is set for 630 but I awaken with the first kid/baby to get me up.  I love when the alarm goes off because it is better then crying over a monitor! I handle the kids while I get ready so my wife can shower.  She takes over at 715 so I can head to the office.

#181248 Reply
    Participant

wake up 4:15.  group training/HIIT 5-6:00.  round at 6:45.  first outpatient 7:45.  lots of caffeine in the morning:  preworkout powder 4:30.  coffee shake 7:00.  macchiato 10:00 and 2:00.  espresso shot at 5:00 if I have to do math with the teenager.

One of the posters wrote $45/mos for gym.  So calif is way more expensive:

me:  $220/mos

spouse:  $150/mos box gym; $$$ private training

teenager:  $150/mos group fitness training, $$ for whatever sports is in season

family membership at local gym $160/mos.

#181308 Reply
    Dreamgiver Dreamgiver 
    Participant

Get up at 6 after hitting the snooze button once, try not to wake the wife up, get ready, let dogs out/in, drive to work, hit the breakfast lounge to grab a pear and plain yogurt and chat with partners, hit the OR at 7.10. Both the wife and I were swimmers in a previous life so our dream is to have an indoor endless pool. I would not hit it in the morning but it would be the first thing I’d do coming home in the evening.

#181314 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

Up at 430-500 sometimes earlier. Go to gym, bed to elliptical time about 23 minutes. Elliptical 30 minutes, weights 20 minutes. A healthy and fit Fatlittlepig indeed.

Click to expand…

I think the enduring mystery of fatlittlepig is why fatlittlepig’s avatar is a mandarin duck rather than something more fitting and swinish, like a contented warthog.

Click to expand…

Or how so much smug can fit in one person.  🙂

#181316 Reply
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

wake up 4:15.  group training/HIIT 5-6:00.  round at 6:45.  first outpatient 7:45.  lots of caffeine in the morning:  preworkout powder 4:30.  coffee shake 7:00.  macchiato 10:00 and 2:00.  espresso shot at 5:00 if I have to do math with the teenager.

One of the posters wrote $45/mos for gym.  So calif is way more expensive:

me:  $220/mos

spouse:  $150/mos box gym; $$$ private training

teenager:  $150/mos group fitness training, $$ for whatever sports is in season

family membership at local gym $160/mos.

Click to expand…

u spend 680 a month on gym memberships?

#181321 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod, ENT Doc
    Participant

Do none of you have kids? I don’t understand these morning routines . . . I get up and shower before kids wake, around 7-7:15. Kids up, get them breakfast, change diaper, pick out clothes for them, make beds. Yell at 10 yo to stop lollygagging, get dressed and brush teeth. Nanny arrives at 8 and takes the kids. I leave for work. Huh, I guess my husband doesn’t do much in the morning either . . . This year I’m waking at 6 on Mondays to run, other days I do it around 2 in the afternoon.

Click to expand…

Two preschoolers here. M, W, F up before 5 for exercise (+1 for a home gym, use that two mornings and run with friends one). Then I’m done with shower, etc by the time the kids are up at 6:30 and we’re out the door at 7:40 for preschool. I can’t work out after work: that’s after 5 so it’s time for a beer. If I were home at 2 I certainly wouldn’t be working out at 5am though!

#181372 Reply
    Liked by CM, wideopenspaces
    Participant

Up at 430
    445-545 treadmill desk doing charting for 3 miles
    550 Coffee
    600-700 get young kids up and ready for day
    710-730 dress and shave
    800 first patient

#181451 Reply
    Participant

Turn on coffee maker

Meditate 30 min

Drink coffee and read the news online

Shower and head out

Have tried to exercise in the morning but can’t really face it until the coffee/reading is done and by then it is too late.  Works better in the evening, especially when the days get longer

#181516 Reply
    StrabismusBusiness StrabismusBusiness 
    Participant

0600 wake up and turn on coffee maker

0605 wake up teenage son, remind him to put on deodorant

0608 shower and dress

0630 wake up teenage daughter, re-wake up teenage son and remind him again to put on deodorant

0635 drink coffee and mediate peace and goodwill between two teenage children

0638 give up on mediating peace and goodwill, focus on making sure they have showered, dressed, and eaten

0700 drop off son at bus

0710 arrive at office or OR; if office, go over the day’s schedule; if OR, surgery begins at 0730

0800 if office, start seeing patients

#181555 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod
    Participant

Never have been a morning person and never will. It just is not in my genes to wake up early. The earliest I can wake up is 6.30AM and that too if I have to get up and take my daughter to school. Otherwise 7 or 7.30 AM is the time I like.

Rarely eat breakfast during the week except coffee though recently I started to have cereal with milk, a Greek yogurt and 1-2 bananas or tangerines for breakfast at work before I start to see patients. Let us see how it goes.

#181564 Reply
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

Up by 0430 to have a cup of coffee and then workout/ run. (Also a dream here of an indoor endless pool…. or maybe even a real indoor pool?!? That might be pushing it though ?)

0545 pack lunches, backpacks, prep dinner stuff if needed

0600 quick shower , husband gets up, and by then at least one of the four kids are usually up so we cuddle or chat with them for a bit (with more coffee) and they start getting their breakfast stuff ready

0630 leave for work

#181608 Reply
    Participant

Alarm goes off at 6:30am, hit snooze, goes off again at 6:38, hit snooze, goes off again at 6:46, turn off alarm. Quick shower, brush teeth, get dressed, grab my Greek yogurt, blueberries, and diet Pepsi, and head to work. get there around 7:10am (2 minute drive), and start seeing patients

#181625 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod, legobikes
    legobikes legobikes 
    Participant

Alarm goes off at 6:30am, hit snooze, goes off again at 6:38, hit snooze, goes off again at 6:46, turn off alarm. Quick shower, brush teeth, get dressed, grab my Greek yogurt, blueberries, and diet Pepsi, and head to work. get there around 7:10am (2 minute drive), and start seeing patients

Click to expand…

Dude, there must be something you can transition to from diet pepsi.

#181633 Reply

Reply To: Morning Routine

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear