Menu

Medical Economics

Home The Lounge Medical Economics

Participant
    I used to get a copy of one of those physician health magazines. I sent an email to the publisher and asked to be removed from their mailing list. Now I each time, I get ten copies. Ten. I haven’t reached out to them again for fear of the consequences.

Click to expand…

LOL

I once tried to send the prepaid renewal card to say I did not want to renew. Instead I got an additional copy for my office and my business PO box in addition to my home. Since they were now sure that a live person was present that noticed their publication, they have started sending me the sister and offspring publications ( from the same publisher) to all 3 addresses.

Now when I see a plea in the form of the renewal insert struck to the front page stating it is my “Final Issue” unless I send in the card, I hope that it is really true. But alas, it isn’t. They still continue to arrive even after inaction on my part.

#164605 Reply
    Liked by Lithium, Zaphod
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster
    So why am I writing there? Same reason financial advisors write for medical economics and MD magazine. That’s where the eyeballs are and we’re all trying to promote our businesses. Alexa Ranking of Forbes.com? 283. That’s in the same range as Foxnews.com, CNN.com, and BBC.com, nytimes.com etc. The main reason people write for less than their time is worth is for marketing purposes. 

Click to expand…

What is the Alexa rank for PMD?

Click to expand…

See MD Magazine above. Same thing.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#164641 Reply
    Participant

I unsubscribed to it about 10 years ago, haven’t honestly thought about it at all since then until this thread. Never saw much benefit in it, figured I was just killing more trees.

#164695 Reply

Reply To: Medical Economics

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear