Menu

Making Do

Home The Lounge Making Do

Participant

I’ve been wearing my nike wind breaker since 1989. It has the word nike over the swoosh. The zippers still zip, but the zipper handle is gone. I just pinch the zipper slider and pull it up and down. On my last ski trip, the chair lift person commented how awesome the jacket was. It was a very unexpected compliment out of nowhere.

#231594 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD, Anne
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant
    I have several Patagonia jackets that I bought > 20 years ago.

Click to expand…

Patagonia clothes and outerwear are virtually indestructible, will be repaired by Patagonia at minimal or no charge, and if you are tired of them, there is a vibrant resale market on eBay.

I have a Patagonia cotton long sleeve shirt that I have worn for over 20 years. It has an ugly pattern but is super comfy. About 5 years, a tear developed, and I was able to stitch it together myself from the skills I learned in the ER as a third year med student.

There was a Patagonia windbreaker jacket that I purchased in 1996 for about $100, that I returned to Patagonia in about 2010 because the zipper failed. They repaired it for free, and about 3 years ago I sold it on eBay for $25. I think I got my money’s worth on that item.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#231652 Reply
    Hank Hank 

Goodness, for the folks complaining about sewing on a button: aren’t there a lot of surgeons on this forum? Don’t some of you folks sew routinely as part of your day job?

I mean seriously, the helpless lawyers can hardly depose a button back on…

#232167 Reply

Reply To: Making Do

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear